Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE3K Trunk with BE6K or CUCM

Hello,

Is it possible to Create Trunking between Cisco BE3K and BE6K or CUCM 8.0/9.0,   such as at one branch CIsco BE3K and at other head office Cisco CUCM 8.0.  So, one can do internal VOIP calling through WAN connectivity?

Thanks

Sandeep

5 Replies 5

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sandeep,

Technically this is possible, although there may be limitations.  We're currently validating this solution and will post our recommendations as soon as possible.

Andy

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the quick response.  So, Which Alternative i can choose for same scenario , which should be equivalent as Cisco BE3K.

Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

UC500, Business Edition 6000 and Cisco Unified Communications Manager are all currently validated for multisite system use.

Validation of direct BE3K to UCM interconnection is being assessed this week.

Trunking calls between BE3K and UCM via a SIP service provider would of course be supported today.  Interconnection using CUBE on an ISR would also be supported - although we don't have any specific configuration guidance for this scenario at the moment.  Basic calling between systems would be quite possible, although there may be limitations to supplementary services and calling features.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Apperciate your effort.  So, I think there is Roadmap for Interconnection of BE3K and UCM or BE6K.

Well, Shall i Consider UC 500(at Remote office) for direct interconnection(SIP Trunk) with UCM or BE6K(at Head office) for Interbranch voip calling?

If yes, do i need any additional Voice Gateway with UC 500 at remote gateway??

Thanks

Sanceep

Hi Sandeep

Let me address your original question:

"Is it possible to Create Trunking between Cisco BE3K and BE6K or CUCM 8.0/9.0,   such as at one branch CIsco BE3K and at other head office Cisco CUCM 8.0.  So, one can do internal VOIP calling through WAN connectivity?"

As Andy said, it is technically possible. We are validating it this week, and an application note will be available in next 1-2 months. This application note will illustrate the design and implementation of your desired solution. Example of such application note are available at http://www.cisco.com/go/partner/smartdesigns/uc

I will update this thread about the result of the validation of your desired solution.

Regards

-Kaushal