Views
Helpful
Replies

Blast Group, Hunt Group and Call Queues

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I am still learning the UC systems and am wondering what is the easiest way to achieve the following.

2 receptionists on extensions 201 and 202.

And one overflow receptionist on 239, but who should only get calls when the other two are busy.

What we would like is that incoming calls are queued, (whether they get an announcement or not, client would prefer they didnt they just got a ringing tone) and then passed to a free receptionist.

The recpetionists are having difficulty with the dual line nature of the phones, (i.e. on a call and the phone still ringing, and the call theast the phone is showing on screen is the incoming one not the on they are on) and the client has asked if it is possible to only have one call to each receptionist phone at a time, and all other calls held in the queue until thee receptionists phone is clear.

Then the next call in the queue is passed to the phone for the receptionist to deal with.

Currently we have incoming main number pointed to a blast group on 511, which rings 201 qnd 202, then after 20 secs diverts to blast group 512 whcih contains 201, 202 and 239.

It works to an extent but this is what has prompted the above as a way to simplify the recpetionists tasks.

I think what we are looking to do can be done with bacd and an auto attendant, but the client owner would prefer all calls were answered with a human, so would prefer no announcment and no indication of queuieing with the inbound call just to ring

Some of the other partners like the idea of an "thank you for calling company a, your call is in a queues and will be answered shortly" type anouncement then wither hold music, or an further announcement prior to being passed to reception, soit is something we may be looking to do in the future.

Thanks

Graeme

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danielwiebe
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar situation with a medical clinic a few months back. I ended up building a BACD. I'm trying to remember but I think what I did was point the DID at an auto call forward DN which went straight to the BACD rather than using the AA. This gets you around the initial AA announcement.

The two main receptionists would ring (we used longest idle) with no announcement. You could then use the no answer forward to go to the third person. The way I set it up was the third and fourth "extra" receptionists would just log into the BACD in the morning when they get a high call volume and log out for the rest of the day. They will get an announcement when all agents are busy and the call que's. I had the customer record a custom message and put that on the system.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

danielwiebe
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar situation with a medical clinic a few months back. I ended up building a BACD. I'm trying to remember but I think what I did was point the DID at an auto call forward DN which went straight to the BACD rather than using the AA. This gets you around the initial AA announcement.

The two main receptionists would ring (we used longest idle) with no announcement. You could then use the no answer forward to go to the third person. The way I set it up was the third and fourth "extra" receptionists would just log into the BACD in the morning when they get a high call volume and log out for the rest of the day. They will get an announcement when all agents are busy and the call que's. I had the customer record a custom message and put that on the system.

HTH

IT does thanks,

Im relatively new to the UCsystems so when you say log in and log out of the BACD, how do you implement this?

Regards

Graeme

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: