Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF on 7962/7915 - UC500 platform

Ronald_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to setup BLF via the CCA 1.9(1) on a 7962 with 7915 add-on, but there is no function like this in here.

I'm now using the monitor function, but this results only showing the extention on the 7915 not the name or label?

is there anyone who knows how to resolve this, or how to change the extension to a label?

Regards,

Ronald Honkoop

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

In the first image, I highlighted the button type which is Normal.  On this page, you can configure the label for that number.  Click on the table under label and change the text.  I changed my to Label Edit.  I would recommend something like the user's name then the ext. (John Doe 203).

label edit.jpg

On the phone that is monitoring, this should change.  Noticed how Label Edit is grayed out on this one.  It is not editable here.  You have to do it on the users phone.  Hopefully that helps.

grayed label.jpg

Sorry that the image resize is bad.

View solution in original post

Here is a better image.  I am running CCA 1.9.1.

label.jpg

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To change the text that is shown next to your monitor button you have to change the 'label' field under the ephone-dn that you are monitoring.  If for example you are monitoring the receptionist line ephone-dn 8 (ext 201) and you have

ephone-dn  8  octo-line
number 201 no-reg primary
label 201
description 201
name YetAnother Smith
call-forward busy 199
call-forward noan 199 timeout 25
corlist incoming user-international
huntstop channel 2
translation-profile incoming CallBlocking

You would change the label field to be 'Receptionist'.

Skyler,

i'm totaly ne in this one, so it could be a stuppid question

It there a way there a way to mananipulate existing user info in the UC 500, or do i have to program all users all over again?

You should be able to use CCA to reconfigure all the users.  You shouldn't need to delete them.

In CCA, go to the Telephony -> Voice -> Users.  Click More on the users.  On the right side, you will see label.  You will need to change this.  This will change the presentation on the users phone as well.  You may want to change it to say John Doe 204.

Which version of CCA are you using? I think i see what you mean in the more option of the 7962(function;monitor, extension; 203, label; 203), but i can´t change these labels.

You have to do this on the persons ext.  If you are monitoring John Doe's phone, you need to change the label on John Doe's phone.  Not on the monitor ext.

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

You could also try using watch buttons.  They monitor the phone, and not a DN.  This is useful when someone has multiple lines on the phone.

Watch also will see when DND is enabled.

Ronald_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please send me a screenshot of this field? it seems stupid, but i can't find it in the more options screen.

In the first image, I highlighted the button type which is Normal.  On this page, you can configure the label for that number.  Click on the table under label and change the text.  I changed my to Label Edit.  I would recommend something like the user's name then the ext. (John Doe 203).

label edit.jpg

On the phone that is monitoring, this should change.  Noticed how Label Edit is grayed out on this one.  It is not editable here.  You have to do it on the users phone.  Hopefully that helps.

grayed label.jpg

Sorry that the image resize is bad.

Here is a better image.  I am running CCA 1.9.1.

label.jpg

Thanks,

This was the solution

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: