cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

block outgoing caller ID on sip trunk

Tony Bagalini
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know how to block the caller ID on one SIP DID?

I see the setting to set what number you want to use for the DID outbound calls but not an option to block the caller ID.

Anyone know how?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Hi Tony,

Have you tried asking your SIP Service provider if they can provision your account to block caller ID for your specific DID?

Chris

roboliveira
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get an answer to this?  We want to do the same thing. 

We can have the provider block but we want to control it.

Thanks,

Rob

~ Rob Oliveira ~

Hi,

We currently have a bug open where *67 Block Caller ID is not working, this also means that the Block CID phone button is not working as well.  Engineering is looking at the problem.

Chris

Thank for the reply - I think we are looking to do this on a per extension as a permanant setting not on a per call basis.

No, there really inst a good way.

I have a workaround.

I setup an inbound route of +6191111111 and assigned it to the extension, so it had this bogus one and the real DID, then I checked marked the +6191111111 to be the outgoing CID (you have to do this is a certain order to get the +6191111111 VS the real DID to show up as checkable, a flaw I think)

There needs to be some better options for setting outbound caller ID.  This was easy in FREEPBX/Asterisk.

Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: