cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blow out UC520 config but not licences?

leealanmoreau
Level 1
Level 1

So one of my business partners has a spare UC520 that he's generiously lending to me to test out and learn with which is amazing.  He said to just backup his existing config first and then blow out the config, but said to make sure I do NOT blow out the licences.

Is that difficult to do?  I'm sure I can figure out backing up then erasing the config but I'm more concerned about accidently erasing the licences or something.  Is there something in particular I need to do to avoid that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't erase licensing information unintentionally, becase that is kept in a  NVRAM area not accsible to user.. And even if this area gets corrupted, it is always possible to re-install the license using the .lic file that should have been saved somewhere, or re-obtained from Cisco.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't erase licensing information unintentionally, becase that is kept in a  NVRAM area not accsible to user.. And even if this area gets corrupted, it is always possible to re-install the license using the .lic file that should have been saved somewhere, or re-obtained from Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: