cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridging calls on same line button possible?

nyciscotech
Level 1
Level 1

Hope there's a simple answer to this one!

On a 7970 phone, if two calls come in on the same line button, how is it possible to conference the two calls together? 

If you're already on a call, it's easy to hit 'CONF' then dial the new number and bridge all parties.

Unfortunately when one call is on hold and you press conf on the live call, it immediately prompts to enter a new number, there is no way to select the other line that's on hold and add to a conference.

Thanks for any info!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Meet me must be enabled on the system and then you need to have the select and join softkeys in the hold state

Select both lines and hit join

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Make sure you have the "select" softkey under the "hold" call state.  Once both calls are on hold, push the select softkey under both lines, then hit join to bridge both calls.

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Meet me must be enabled on the system and then you need to have the select and join softkeys in the hold state

Select both lines and hit join

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

nyciscotech
Level 1
Level 1

Marcus/Mario,

Enabling meet me on the system automatically enabled the select/join buttons using the default key profile.  Creating a new template with the hold state and join/select keys improved the user experience and ease of bridging.

Thanks again for the solution! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: