cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadworks Call Forward Sync on SPA50X

crowda
Level 1
Level 1

We enabled the broadworks feature sync and have noticed strange  behavior.  The feature syncs up DND, CF All and CF No Answer.  The  problem seems to be that the cisco phone CFNA timer on the phone is in seconds and  the Broadsoft timer is in number of rings.

A user will enable CFNA on their  phone and set it to 20 seconds, they then turn off CFNA and the  broadworks sees it as 20 rings, so the caller hangs up before it hits  their voicemail.

Has anyone else seen this and is there a workaround?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Set the following in your configuration file:

"<Cfwd_No_Ans_Serv group="Phone/Supplementary_Services">NoCfwd_No_Ans_Serv>"

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

adam.baird
Level 1
Level 1

I can confirm Crowda's findings.

Broadsoft expects CFNA values to be in rings.  The phone expects the value in seconds.

I thought at first I could get around this by telling my users to enter the number of rings instead of seconds as the CFWDNoAnsDelay, however if it is set up this way and a call comes into the phone,  the phone stops ringing after x seconds but the far end continues to ring until x number of rings defined in Broadsoft elapses.

For example the user sets their CFWDNoAnsDelay to '2', and a call comes in, the phone only rings for two seconds.  The far end however still hears ringing until after 2 rings.

If the phone would just sync the CFWDNoAnsDelay value to Broadsoft and then actually allow Broadsoft to handle the forwarding then this would just be a documentation/training issue.  Unfortunately the phone also acts on this delay.

The only workaround I can see would be to disable the CFWD No Ans Service on the phone and force the user to set it through Broadworks (or third party tool integrated to Broadworks).

This is what I plan to do in fact as of right now.

-Adam

How do you disable only the CFNA Service on the phone?

Log into the Web Administration click the 'Admin Login' then 'Advanced' (top-right of screen).

Go to the phone tab then under the 'Supplementary Services' section you will see 'Cfwd No Ans Serv'.  Set that to 'No'.

-Adam

Any idea how to do it through the config files?

Set the following in your configuration file:

"<Cfwd_No_Ans_Serv group="Phone/Supplementary_Services">NoCfwd_No_Ans_Serv>"

Thanks for the help!  That should be good enough for now.  Not too many people use CFNA anyway.

Hello Team,

We have heard that this will be changed and modified in a future release, 7.4.7.  Should be around December or so of this year ...

Andrew Lissitz