Views
Helpful
Replies

BT trunk + UC320W and some fax issues

CSCO11846503
Level 1
Level 1

hi there

i have some problems with setting up a BT voip trunk. The issue here is I can receive calls and make outside calls, but only on landline numbers?

my setting:

• Provider: Generic SIP Provider
  • Description: bt
  • Proxy: bmnhb-03.bt.com
  • Outbound Proxy: www.bbvservice-560346.bt.com
  • Call  Capacity: 4
  • Prefix # w/"+44" : Uncheck (uses UK national numbering plan)
  • Company Name:  <Your company name> (this will appear as the  Display Name field on SIP messaging)
  • Account ID:  056xxxxxxxx
  • SIP domain  name: <blank>
  • Authentication ID:  056xxxxxxxx
  • Password:  password
  • SRV  Recorded Lookup: unchecked   if checked -connection failed
  • SRV Auto  Prefix: unchecked  if checked -connection failed
  • NAT Mapping: Uncheck (ITSP provides SBC/Outbound proxy)

Systemwide parameters

• Codec: G711u
  • Outbound  FAX:  PassThrough

Can you advise - what needs to be changed?

2nd question - is regarding the FAX line which is using one of the sip numbers. Fax is on a fsx port, an extra user is created and the fax as an fsx devise is assigned to the user. In section inbound calls, sip fax number is routed to the fax user but unfortunately this setting is not working

Can I force the analog fax to send and received data via sip trunk?  or should I use one of the fxo line and direct to fxs port?

thanks for any suggestions.

2 Replies 2

Can you please provide an example number that isn't working?  Have you enabled SIP Logs on the Support Tools page to see what the SIP response is for failed calls?

Chris

Thanks Chris for quick response.

Looks like the problem solve themselves. This morning applied some conf (not related with sip config) and the outbound start working fine on mobiles is well?!

fax line I will move to FXO

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: