cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BU: UPM 9.0 Enterprise Entitlement for BE6000 Issues

R. Clayton Miller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BU slides show that BE6000 customers are entitled to use UPM 9.0, the "enterprise" version as well as UPM-BE, that ships with the BE6000 bundle.  I understand that because UPM 9.0 does not ship with the bundle, customers can order via PUT.  However I just checked my customer's contract number in PUT and there are no options for UPM 9.0. 

Three questions for the BU:

1) How do I fix my customer problem where UPM 9.0 is not showing as an option under his contract number.   UPM-BE did ship with his order.  Unicast me if you would like to see the contract and SO numbers.

2) What SKU should be ordered in PUT for UPM 9.0 for a BE6000 customer (when I do a dump I see multiple UPM SKUs).  Sorry, but if the SKU descriptions in PUT made more sense, I would not have to ask this question.

3) Due to numerous issues with UPM-BE currently, resellers need access to UPM 9.0 day 1, and should not have to wait to start an install until UCSS/ESW etc are active in our systems to order UPM 9.0 via PUT.  Although the .ova with the VM installation is posted to Software Center, seems we still need the license file, and I assume that is on the ISO downloadable via PUT, as the migration document states:  Copy the new license file (PCP90BE6K.lic) to /opt/cupm/license.  Are there any considerations being thought of regarding this?

2 Replies 2

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

ESW support should be sufficient for access to the upgrade.  The part you are looking for is: R-PC-A-6K-UPG-K9=

Prime Collaboration Provisioning (the "small" version) can be downloaded from cisco.com.  This will run in evaluation mode for the first 90 days allowing time to get the support and license organised.

Hope that helps,

Andy

Thanks Andrew.  I had downloaded cpc-provisioning-9.0.0-21342-small.ova from Software Center at the end of Feb and after I installed it, ran setup, and accessed the GUI it showed all licenses expired 12/28/2012.  I checked Software Center today and I found cpc-provisioning-9.0.0-23593-small.ova, loaded it, and now I see the 90 day temp licenses active.  This is a good solution until the resellers can order the license in PUT.

I will email the mp-upgrades folk and ask them to do a manual order for my customer where the R-PC-A-6K-UPG-K9= does not show orderable for them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: