Views
Helpful
Replies

Business Edition 6000 migration quote from CallManager version 4

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys!

Have a couple of questions regarding Business Edition 6000 migration from CallManager and Unity version 4:

1. First, does migration from Cisco CallManager Version 4 and Untiy Version 4 to BE 6000 is possible or allowed?

2. As per the ordering  guide, the starting bundle part number I am using for this BoM is CMBE6K-UWL with BE6K-UWL-50USR option. But for the migrating users from the old CallManager and Untiy version 4, wich is the part number neccesary? It is UWL-UPG-CMAPPS-BE with the quantity set for the amount of users being migrated?

3. If no new users will be added, does the Add On User Licenses is necessary?

4. In terms of redundancy, correct me if I am mistaken on the following:

a. I will order two separate starting bundles CMBE6K-UWL.

b. One of those two bundles will include two Call Control Options of UCM-7825-86, the other bundle will be set to one.

c. One of those two bundles will include UNCN8-VMWARE-UWL Messaging Option and one UNCN8-HA-VMWARE for Messaging HA option. The other bundle will only include the UNCN8-VMWARE-UWL Messaging Option.

Tanks in advanced guys!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Yes. Unlike the BE5k there is nothing different/unique about the BE6k software. You could perform a DRS restore to it as long as you had the MCS-based install upgraded to the same version. In my opinion, for a cluster in a BE size range it's better to just build from scratch adopting current SRND best practices. Leave that legacy config behind.

2. You have no choice but to add at least 50 additional user licenses as part of the bundle. If the customer has existing licenses you can use the UWL-UPG-CMAPPS-BE as well.

3. Not unless you want to add more users than the bundle + your -UPG licenses provide.

4a. The Ordering Guide answers this:

There are two options to order redundancy: Order one starter bundle and add a secondary UCS C200 server (or an MCS server) or order two starter bundles. It is more cost effective to order two starter bundles for 150 users or more.

To order high availability licenses for use with a secondary UCS C220 (or MCS) server, select quantity 2 for the Call Control software option. This ensures correct licenses are provided with the order.

So, if you're below 150 users just order a second C200M3 server using the CTG SKU.

4b. If you do two bundles each will include it's own call control SKU. If you order one bundle plus a second server you would do quantity two on the first bundle.

4c. Correct if you order two bundles. If you order one bundle plus a second server you would put both SKUs on the first bundle.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

Try setting it to 50 and see if it wants you to match the bundle, not the -UPG SKU quantity. DCT can take some trial and error to figure out what it wants.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Yes. Unlike the BE5k there is nothing different/unique about the BE6k software. You could perform a DRS restore to it as long as you had the MCS-based install upgraded to the same version. In my opinion, for a cluster in a BE size range it's better to just build from scratch adopting current SRND best practices. Leave that legacy config behind.

2. You have no choice but to add at least 50 additional user licenses as part of the bundle. If the customer has existing licenses you can use the UWL-UPG-CMAPPS-BE as well.

3. Not unless you want to add more users than the bundle + your -UPG licenses provide.

4a. The Ordering Guide answers this:

There are two options to order redundancy: Order one starter bundle and add a secondary UCS C200 server (or an MCS server) or order two starter bundles. It is more cost effective to order two starter bundles for 150 users or more.

To order high availability licenses for use with a secondary UCS C220 (or MCS) server, select quantity 2 for the Call Control software option. This ensures correct licenses are provided with the order.

So, if you're below 150 users just order a second C200M3 server using the CTG SKU.

4b. If you do two bundles each will include it's own call control SKU. If you order one bundle plus a second server you would do quantity two on the first bundle.

4c. Correct if you order two bundles. If you order one bundle plus a second server you would put both SKUs on the first bundle.

Thanks Jonathan! Excellent explanation! My other only questios is regarding On-site Presence options regarding the following presence clients:

• CUCILYNC-CLNT-UWL
  • IPC8-CLIENT-UWL
  • CUVA-CLIENT-UWL
  • JABBER-IM-ADDON
  • UPC8-CLIENT-UWL

If in total the BoM have 50 users included plus 200 from the UWL-UPG-CMAPPS-BE, adding up a total of 250 users, then how can these users can be distributed along these presence options? I ask this because in the Dynamic Configuration Tool says that for the Optional Client Options for CUWL the total should equal or less than the total of users, but if I try to total it to 250 it will give me this error.

Thanks again for any help!

Try setting it to 50 and see if it wants you to match the bundle, not the -UPG SKU quantity. DCT can take some trial and error to figure out what it wants.

I did it on the CCW and it went with no errors, so maybe is a DCT issue. Thanks again for the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: