Views
Helpful
Replies

Call-back Rules - How?

Arturo Bianchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I was asking what was the utility of the rules of call-back on the CCA. If I am in the situation that all numbers are taken off the leading zero but that the numbers of mobile do not have the zero initial, which I make the rules re-set the number?? Example:

land-line: 776xxxxxx (9 digit)

mobile: 336xxxxxx (9 digit, old mobile number)

Now, considering that the line access digit is zero, the correct call sequence shall be as follows (in Italy):

land-line: 00776xxxxxx (11 digit)

mobile: 0336xxxxxx (10 digit)

I understand that the current management is not of any use, in the absence of more complex rules (eg regular expressions to catch some prefixes)... I am wrong????

Many thanks for some hints!!!
Arturo.
3 Replies 3

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Bianchi.a,

I think you mean that you would like to strip the leading 0 (access code) from the front of your numbers going out of your system.

If that is true, then you will need to use CLI to modify your outgoing translation rule.  The default is usually rule 1112.  If you log into CLI using PuTTY or some of terminal emulation software, you will perform a 'show run'

You'll need to space bar down to the voice translation-rules.

To accomplish what I think you need, you will need to type 'config t'--hit enter

then type 'voice translation-rule 1112' --hit enter

then type 'rule 1 /^0\(.*\)/ /\1/  --hit enter

or I think this will work too

config t

voice translation-rule 1112

rule 1 /^0/ //

Hi Brad,

I would simply:

• display the numbers correctly (the numbers of land-lines with the leading zero, usually removed from the ISDN signaling, while mobile numbers starting with 3 correct).

• provide numbers for easy recall, ie possibly automatically add the access-code to call them back without editing.

• get the whole thing through CCA (to remain compliant )

it seemed to me that today this is not feasible, the "call-back rules" available in CCA do not allow me to write conditions compatible with the italians numbers (look at previous example), I have not evaluated whether they are more usable with abroad numbers.

Anyway thanks for the answer, I threw an eye to that rule. Rule which also has multiple lines because usually insert codes of access to direct calls with a different carrier:

voice translation-rule 1112

rule 1 /^0/ //

rule 2 /^9/ //

rule 3 /^8/ //

!

Arturo

Oh, I see.  I misunderstood what you were trying to do.  You are correct, that is not possible at this time.  You can add a prefix to that outgoing if needed, but that's not something you can do in CCA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: