cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Blast & Hunt Group Description/Announcement

jadavies.jr
Level 1
Level 1

We are working with a client training them on the UC560 and SPA508G phones.  Is is possible for the phones to signify what exact hunt or blast group is actively ringing their phone?  They have several phones that are going to be a part of 3 different Hunt groups and they would like it to signify which hunt group is being reached..

Thanks,

Jim

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Voice hunt-groups, among many other limitations, will not display the called number. Use shared lines for that, or even better, ephone-hunt that are not blast.

Can you elaborate a little bit on how I can achieve that?  I'm not sure I fully understand what you're suggesting.  I just want a phone to display whether hunt/blast group A, B, or C is the group currently being called.

As above, I'm not sure what is to clarify from these simple facts:

voice hunt-group does not display which is the group called. While a shared DN, or regular ephone-hunt will do, with 'service dnis dir-lookup', and a corresponding directory-entry.

There is another possibility however. Using my script "number to name", then the called number will be displayed in all cases. The script can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

So we tried using shared lines but once somebody answeres the line, if another call comes in to that blast or hunt group, the line rings busy and that is a problem.  About your Number to Name script... would that be as simple as uploading and applying or was there a need for a name server?

Shared lines that are properly set, e.g octo-line DN with the correct config, do not cause any problem.

My scripts do not need any additional componet to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: