Views
Helpful
Replies

Call connector for UC560

jason-gillespie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can clear this up for me! We have recently installed a UC560 for a client and are looking to get the call connector up and working for them. However we seem to be being told different things by different people. Even a call to the pre sales team does not seem to have cleared this up.

Can someone please tell me if we need to buy licenses seperately for this? or if it comes with the small business smart net cover? We are being told if we have smart net cover for the product it should come with it free.

So to sum this up.

Are we entitled to the call connector for free with the smart net cover?

How do we go about getting the PAK code for installing the software?

Does the client link up with the UC unit alone or will we need to install the server version of the software as well?

There does not seem to be much clear information on this :S

hope to hear from you soon!

Jason

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We do have two versions of Call Connector and its is a bit confusing until everyone gets used to it.  It will also morph a bit in the near future as the SCC (discussed below) will also become available for CME systems of any type, but for now its limited to UC540/UC560 deployments as I understand it.

- Smart Call Connector for the UC540 and UC560.with Small Business Pro Service and Support from SBSC (SB Support Center)

- Unified Call COnnector for the UC520 with Smartnet TAC support

The SCC is new, and its first release is version 1.6.0 and comes with a Standalone Operator Attendant Console for the PC (with optional Attendant backup) controlling the Media for designated IP Phone(s) in the UC 500.   Subsequent releases will include the Personal Client (Free) and a Server (lower cost than UCC Server with Optional Mobility).

Please note SNR is an embedded free application in UC500 so if you need only SNR for a non rules based single number for each UC500 user, its there and its free without the need for a server.

UCC is the traditional Personal Client (Around $70 per user) and Server (optiional) with Mobility (optional) for rules based SNR.

More on the recently released SCC:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-14094

L-SW-SCC-OPERATOR for the SCC Att COn with support SKU = CON-SBS-SVC3

Let me let you tell us if your interested in the SCC at this time.  I didnt give much on UCC unless your interested.....

Steve DiStefano

Systems Engineer

U.C. Partner Sales

View solution in original post

Haha....Not sure I am 'in the know', cause things happen so fast in the world around us.  In the case of SCC, I am a proponent of it, and use it (just started to anyway) and just contributed a Technical Enablement lab on how I set mine up.  Very basic.  The Docs that that link I gave you point to much better and more descriptive documentation.

hhttps://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9836  <-- go to Lab #17 for my humble contribution just proving to myself it can be used :-)

So today it will support a backup operator, which can share call queues with the primary operator.  But this I didnt do myself, I have just one.

Do read the "release notes" on Media Phone selection.  Recommend you use a phone that supports OCTO line so Cisco IP79xx (with some limits as some Cisco 79xx phones wont work well).

I think the best way to order is follow the NFR (you are a partner) instruction and get the licenses that way (cheaper for your own demo use).  Then lab it up and see if you like it.   The license is entered during the install, which you get the code on CCO (also in that link I think).

Steve

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We do have two versions of Call Connector and its is a bit confusing until everyone gets used to it.  It will also morph a bit in the near future as the SCC (discussed below) will also become available for CME systems of any type, but for now its limited to UC540/UC560 deployments as I understand it.

- Smart Call Connector for the UC540 and UC560.with Small Business Pro Service and Support from SBSC (SB Support Center)

- Unified Call COnnector for the UC520 with Smartnet TAC support

The SCC is new, and its first release is version 1.6.0 and comes with a Standalone Operator Attendant Console for the PC (with optional Attendant backup) controlling the Media for designated IP Phone(s) in the UC 500.   Subsequent releases will include the Personal Client (Free) and a Server (lower cost than UCC Server with Optional Mobility).

Please note SNR is an embedded free application in UC500 so if you need only SNR for a non rules based single number for each UC500 user, its there and its free without the need for a server.

UCC is the traditional Personal Client (Around $70 per user) and Server (optiional) with Mobility (optional) for rules based SNR.

More on the recently released SCC:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-14094

L-SW-SCC-OPERATOR for the SCC Att COn with support SKU = CON-SBS-SVC3

Let me let you tell us if your interested in the SCC at this time.  I didnt give much on UCC unless your interested.....

Steve DiStefano

Systems Engineer

U.C. Partner Sales

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me over this. I finally seem to have found someone in the know! :)

The SCC sounds like the product we need but am I right in assuming at the minute it is limited to how many operators can be on it at one time?

If that is the case do we know a time scale on the development to allow more operators to use this?

If we would like to proceed in getting the SCC installed could you give me some additional pointers in the best way of getting this ordered?

I am based in the uk so any form of pointer on how to progress this would be good!

Many thanks for your help!

Jason

Haha....Not sure I am 'in the know', cause things happen so fast in the world around us.  In the case of SCC, I am a proponent of it, and use it (just started to anyway) and just contributed a Technical Enablement lab on how I set mine up.  Very basic.  The Docs that that link I gave you point to much better and more descriptive documentation.

hhttps://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9836  <-- go to Lab #17 for my humble contribution just proving to myself it can be used :-)

So today it will support a backup operator, which can share call queues with the primary operator.  But this I didnt do myself, I have just one.

Do read the "release notes" on Media Phone selection.  Recommend you use a phone that supports OCTO line so Cisco IP79xx (with some limits as some Cisco 79xx phones wont work well).

I think the best way to order is follow the NFR (you are a partner) instruction and get the licenses that way (cheaper for your own demo use).  Then lab it up and see if you like it.   The license is entered during the install, which you get the code on CCO (also in that link I think).

Steve

Just clarifying some of the comments from Steve: The SCC or Smart CallConnector is the name for a suite of products for the UC500. Today only the Smart CallConnector Operator is available and can be delpoyed in the standalone mode on one PC and as a backup or second position with the purchase of a second Operator SKU.

We will be introducing the Smart CallConnector Toolbar and Smart CallConnector Professional/Advanced client this summer.

The Smart CallConnector Toolbar is not the UCC Client. The SCC Toolbar will work only with UC540/UC560 and provide only some call control features from Outlook and Internet Explorer toolbars. It will not provide Outlook integration in the form of name to number lookup or click to dial. Only the SCC Toolbar will be available free of charge. The UCC Client will require purchase of the UCC client SKU.

The Smart CallConnector Server is planned to be introduced this summer will support the Smart CallConnector Operator and the Smart CallConnector Professional/Advanced client. Details of the Server and Professional/Advanced client will be available as a part of the product launch.

Thanks

Hi,

I installed a UC520 and tried to use the small call connector, it does not work because as you have posted before it only works with the UC540 and UC560.

Can someone send me the unified call connector personal client?

regards,

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=280804498&flowid=5481&softwareid=282978216

Its a SKU for purchase (Licensed).

Unified Call Connector for MS WIndows.

Thank you Steven,

I need to try it first with the UC500, is there a 30-day trial version?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: