cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Connector not able to "Download Router Configuration"

gdamron
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up Smart Call Connector Server 2.01.01 and currently stuck at "Download Router Configuration". I will getting an error saying [line vty 0 4] is missing. Do you want to setup required parameters in CME? I've try clicking Yes, but it just keeps repeating the error.

The log in the backgroud has this:

Connecting to router...172.22.0.9...done

Router Version = 8.1

Converting router data...done

Total Ephones = 19

Total Ephone DNs = 56

Total HuntGroups = 1

Begin to download...

Download is cancelled.

I've tried the commands in the help including "privilege level 15" but still getting nowhere.

Heres my line config:

line vty 0

session-timeout 30

privilege level 15

transport preferred none

transport input all

line vty 1 4

privilege level 15

transport preferred none

transport input all

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Gregory,

Hmmmmmm!

Silly question maybe, but is it possible for you to reboot the server that the SSC server side is installed on?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Have you tried to remove both of the existing vty lines and add something like below and have line vty 0 4 on the same config vs having a line 0 and a line 1 4 config?

line vty 0 4

privilege level 15

transport preferred none

transport input all

I've tried a reboot of the server but same prob

I was thinking the same thing on the line vty but i can't figure out how to get a "0 4" setup. I tried "line vty 0 4" but it will just write the commands to both the "0" and the "1 4". Plus it won't let you do a "no line vty 1 4".

I wouldn't dought that is the problem, I just can't figure out how to fix it cleanly. I did however have some one tell me that he would copy the running config, write erase the NV, and then paste the config back with the line vty the way he wants it. That my work but there must be a better way.

Hi Gregory,

You should be able too remove the Vty configuration, have done it before to fix it up, but in general CCA sets it up so everything will work including SCC.

I think something else is in play here and it is indirectly related to the vty configuration... I would strongly encourage you to log a case with support and have them check it out, that way if they have to make CLI changes to resolve it the system will stay within CCA and SBSC scope.

Try to avoid if you can making too many changes via CLI yourself... If at all possible

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

sossie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gregory,

Not sure if this will apply in your case but it may give you a clue. I had a similar probem where SCC could not download the router config and gave the same error.

I ran a packet sniff and noticed that SCC uses http to connect to the router to download and looks for a specific URL. My issue is that I was running SCC and trying to connect to the WAN interface/address of the UC540 where I also had SSL anyconnect VPN running (I was using the UC540 as an appliance). For my purposes I needed the SSL vpn so couldnt turn it off, so the work around was to add a secondary IP address to teh WAN interface and configured SCC to connect to that.

Cheers, Simon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: