Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Connector prefix

nathan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

One of the reasons we purchased the UC560 was for the smart call connector capability.  As we quickly learned, the software has no way of adding a prefix.  I have been messing with the modem options for sometime, and have yet to been able to force a prefix.

can anyone provide a step by step, or screenshots of their phone and modem configuration?

Also, I am disappointed that when I call support, they refuse to help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

This is the window you get when you select "Call" on a outlook contact.

I've highlighted the appropriate button in red.

If you notice, the number I have entered as the contact number in outlook does NOT include the steering digit.

This is the window you get, note that it shows the number that will actually be dialed at the bottom of the screen -- this includes the "9" prefix since I have this configured correctly. Select "Edit" from this window.

You can see here I specified my prefix as "9". (As well as my local area code)

Again, it also shows the number as it will be dialed.

This configuration window can be accessed under "Phone and Modem" from the control panel as well.

These settings should apply to any programs using TAPI (not just outlook).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

This is the window you get when you select "Call" on a outlook contact.

I've highlighted the appropriate button in red.

If you notice, the number I have entered as the contact number in outlook does NOT include the steering digit.

This is the window you get, note that it shows the number that will actually be dialed at the bottom of the screen -- this includes the "9" prefix since I have this configured correctly. Select "Edit" from this window.

You can see here I specified my prefix as "9". (As well as my local area code)

Again, it also shows the number as it will be dialed.

This configuration window can be accessed under "Phone and Modem" from the control panel as well.

These settings should apply to any programs using TAPI (not just outlook).

Worked like a champ, thank you..  Hey Cisco, maybe add this to the training material for support