Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call connector, Windows 8, TAPI Driver

OK,

So I have been using my UC520 on windows 7 with the call connector toolbar for quite some time now. Our office is being forced to upgrade to windows 8 but the software will not install on windows 8 without erroring out. Apparently the TSP that is built into the call connector software does not support windows 8. Does anyone know of a work around or if Cisco plans to release an updated portion of the call connector toolbar? I understand this system has gone end of life but considering some folks bought 3 year smart net contracts you would think they would update the drivers. Does anyone have any solution for this?

7 Replies 7

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

At this stage it looks like a 'NO' from Cisco. Are you running 32bit or 64bit windows 8?

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack

a mix and match of both

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

I can confirm that the TSP 2.0.5 32-bit software installed just fine on windows 8.1

TSP 2.0.8 (or 2.0.0.8) will not install properly on Windows 8.1 64-bit....

This makes me very sad...time to put the cisco phone system in the bin I think.

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

Here is some good info... I am giving up on Cisco TAPI. Starting to look for a new phone system in 2015. I think waiting till Windows 10 will be wise...

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/1d9646d9-ea18-4bfa-8214-d017cab97d56/windows-8-tapi-issues

I agree it is really a shame that cisco gave up on the UC series as it is absolutely perfect for the SMB market. I am currently looking into a few different products. I have limited my selections down to cisco 1900/2900 series ISR running CME and a product called grandstream (price point is great). I would prefer to stick with Cisco but I am having a hard time finding license/hardware info for a voicemail module. I believe the NM-CUE and AIM-CUE are both end of life now too

ok interesting.... see we don't use voicemail. i am looking at 3CX or similar Voip software as then i can still use the phones. haven't worked out what i will do yet....

we run 2 Dual ISDN lines into the business at the moment. all i need is the UC540 box to keep working and a Windows 8.1/10 compatible TAPI driver/tool/whatever to work and then we are happy :)

i dont event want click to call from outlook, i want TAPI for a special piece of software to work that basically drives our entire company.

very frustrating....otherwise we are stuck on windows 7 64-bit or windows 8 32-bit forever...lol