Views
Helpful
Replies

Call-Forward / SNR caller-id

jcartier
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I have SNR and some call-forwarding configured and I've been having the issue that when the call is forwarded or taken with SNR that the caller-id shows up with the main line of our company and not the inital caller.  I've tracked this down to because I have an outgoing voice translation-rule that is changing the caller-id to our main number; which is fine in most cases...except this one.

Whats the proper way to do this?

Is their a rule that I should be setting up that logically follows something like...if the call is coming from a 3digit extension (ie. internal) then don't change the outgoing caller-id to the main number...but if it matches our internal extension plan than change it?

This is a PRI connection.

6 Replies 6

alissitz
Level 4
Level 4

Good morning,

This is an industry wide practice / standard.

When you system re-initiates additional calls to the additional SNR devices, it is now coming from your system.  Most telcos will not allow you to initiate a call outward with the original number since this is not where the call came from. The call is coming from your system.

If your telco will allow you to initiate a call and have it appear to be from the original caller, then you are fine.  I would check with them, but the short answer is probably not as this is fairly common telco practice.

A couple of similar threads that might help some, and a config option is discussed in the first thread listed below:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/37428

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/27687

HTH,

Andrew Lissitz

Hi Andrew,

Yes, I've tested this before.  If I remove the outgoing translation profile that re-maps the outgoing caller-id with our main number the caller-id shows up on the phone as the internal extension; so I believe I have the ability to re-map my caller-id to whatever I deem appropriate.

Cool, you have been there and done that ;-)

I do not know of a 'proper way' to do this based on the number of digits in the original caller.

Hopefully one of the many people smarter than me will weigh in and 'learn-us'.  HTH

Andrew Lissitz

If my internal extension numbers are all 3 digit and lets say all start with a '2'...

And my outgoing calls require that '9' be pressed to gain access to an outside line...

Than theoretically could I just create a voice translaiton-rule that says...

1 - if the number starts with a 92...followed by two digits...then translate to my main number...

2- if anything else, let the number pass...OR...just do something funky, but getting the same result.

Well I just tried it and my staff is reporting that they are now recieving the initiating callers ID/number.  When I dial out from my internal extensions the calls are coming up from the main number.  So far so good (fingers crossed).

For sure most awesome.  Me = standing by w/ fingers crossed too

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: