Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward with Shared Line

Daniel Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All!

We are working with a UC560 with Software Pack 8.1.0.  Incoming PRI with DID.

I have a client that wants all phones to ring when their main DID is called.  Then they would like to be able to forward that line to the answering service from any phone. 

They are a small shop and never forward at any certain time.  Even if a person is currently on the main line I need a new incoming call to continue to ring all calls so that takes out the shared line (at least in CME...not sure about UC500 behavior).  I am at a loss as to the best way to procede.  I am hoping someone out there has run into this before.

They have a three year support contract on this system but for the life of me I cannot find a place to open a SMB TAC case online.  Do you use the regular support website?  I am new to these small systems.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Dan

4 Replies 4

Ryan Hardy
Level 4
Level 4

Setup a shared line extension (octo line) and put it on button 2 off all the phones.  An octo line will rings all extensions sharing even if the first channel is used.  Since it's a button, they can get dialtone off it and press call forward all softkey to fwd when they need.  Point the DID to the shared extension and you should be good. 

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Dan,

Ryan has pointed you in the right direction on that one, just keep in mind that SPA-500 series phones are only Dual lines and not Octo

Opening up a support case can be done HERE

NOTE: This requires you to log in with your Cisco CCO

As an alternative to Shared Lines, you can use CCA to create a Blast Group and in the routing rules you can have the timer send the call to a designated phones VM, the way to do this would be to use the transfer to VM steering digit (By default CCA puts this as 6) the steering digit works by telling the system you want this call to go straight to "X" Extensions voice mail.

For instance, lets say the phone you want to get the deposits is extension 100, the following scenario can be done in CCA now.

• Set final destionation on the blast group to point to 6100
  • Set appropriate timer
  • Set a Generic message and not a personalized message

The above scenario only applies where a General Delivery Mailbox (GDM) is not a viable option, but since you can setup notifications on a GDM you could potentially just setup the default one CCA will create and setup an IMAP connection to this GDM, this way when it is read and deleted, it will also be removed of the CUE system.

A blast group can ring all phones unless they are all busy, and since the minimum you can have in a blast group is 2, you can do some other funky call routing and still achieve your objective

If you need further clarification please post back

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Daniel Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the excellent responses!  So, I do have an issue ahead of me.  All of the customer's phones are SPA525G2s except for one 7975 and a 7921.  From what I am understanding, I will not be able to use the octo-line methid which is exactly what the customer would like.  They are not too keen on the idea of having it ring and then CFNA to somewhere else.  They would much prefer to forward manually as they are in and out of the office as it is a very dynamic atmosphere and different people are in at different times.

Hum...this is not going to be fun...

Thanks!

Dan

Hi Dan,

I think if we can get this in a topology drawing it would be great, can you try and illustrate exactly what you want and I will do a Visio up on it, if a clear understanding can be achieved (And I like to use pictorials as a preferred illustration), we can then establish how the Cisco can best handle this with the SPA-500 series phones.

I would like to continue helping out untill we can achieve a satisfactory result for you and the client.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *