Views
Helpful
Replies

Call ID SPA9X2

marck_renton
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I'm using the phones SPA9X2 with Asterisk PBX and when a user A make the first call to User B only the called number of user B is displayed on the screen of the user A that make the call.

Why the phones are  not taken the caller id from asterisk? How can I fix this problem??

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

icastrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir,

first thing I'd ask you is to upgrade the phone to latest/greatest firmware which is 6.1.5a:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10033/ps10036/SPA922_Firmware.zip

Once there, please start playing with the value of the Caller ID Header, under the SIP tab until you get the caller id correctly shown in the phone.

Thanks!

-nacho

the phones already have the latest firmware. i made changes in the value of caller id header but nothings happens.

Dear Sir,

can you please send me the trace on where we can see the SIP INVITE message that is getting the phone? The SPA9x2 configuration will also help...

Thanks!

-nacho

SIP trace the call from extension 5002 to extension 3608. on the screen of extension 5002 I only view the number 3608, not the name of the user..

OK... problem seems to be with the To field in the 180 Ringing message, that's the one the phone will show in the display:

From your trace:

To: <>3608@voip.cl>;tag=as7e178948

As you can see above, only the uri_user (3608) is being shown there... You'd need to change that in your Asterisk PBX in order to also include the uri user in that field.

Thanks!

-nacho

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: