cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call in/Call out - DID number to accept a call, then route out.

m.bunt007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I really did not know how to make a heading for this one.   So I hope I did not mislead you to this question.    Basically what I am looking for, is I have a user who would like to take a DID and have it prompt for a number to dial (or it could even be a hidden option off the AA), where the UC540 would then prompt a the caller for an external number.   Once, the user dials this external number, the system would then place the call and connect the caller with the person they called.   They basically want to do this, so that whether they are actually in the office or not, to the caller it would appear as if they were in the office.

Any help, would be great.

Thanks.

Mike

5 Replies 5

lifennel
Level 1
Level 1

Mike,

Is what you are looking to implement Single Number Reach? This allows incoming calls to ring the caller party's local extenion, and after five seconds (by default), will ring an external number as well. This is configurable in CCA.

Of, if the user is never in the office, just set up a floating extension to call forward all to their cell phone. If that user has a specific DID you want to route to their cell phone, they can call that number and use the incoming dial plan in CCA to direct dial that floating extenion.

From the feature reference guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps10585/cisco_sbcs__fdg_c07-557625-02_.pdf

Single number reach (SNR)

Voice-system features

SNR allows you to have incoming calls to a single number simultaneously ring an IP phone and a remote destination such as a home or mobile phone. You can answer incoming calls to your SNR number on your IP phone or at your remote destination and pick up in-progress calls on your desktop phone or the remote destination without losing the connection.

If you do not answer the call within 5 seconds, the Cisco Unified Communications 500 system rings the remote number while continuing to ring your IP phone extension. If you answer the call on your IP phone, you can send the call to the remote phone by pressing the Mobility softkey.

If you answer the call on your remote phone, you can pull back the call to the IP phone by pressing the Resume softkey. You can also change the SNR remote destination using the IP Phone menu.

Let us know if that's what you are looking to do.

Thanks!

Lindsey

Lindsey.

Thank you for your reply.   However this is not what I am looking to do.  I am fimiliar with SNR and do use it, it works quite well.   What I am looking to do is a little more complicated (I think).  Let me try to explain further.  

Lets say Jim who normally works in sales at x210, is working from home today.  Jim does not have a softphone or a remote IP phone, but wants to do his normal sales work as if he is in the office.

So Jim needs to return a phone call, to Alex at 999-999-9999.

If Jim calls from his cell phone, Alex will see on the caller id, 123-456-7890 (Jim's Cell Phone), instead of the office number 555-555-5555.

What Jim would like to do is call into another DID at the office (or even the AA, with a prompt), and have the system request a phone number.

So Jim calls into the UC540, it asks for a telephone number, Jim enters in 999-999-9999 (Alex's Phone number) and the system calls Alex, Alex, then sees that Jim is calling from the office (555-555-5555) and Alex is not aware that Jim is not at the office, but more importantly, Alex does not know Jim's Cell phone number.

Make Sense?

We already have the system doing Find me Follow me, to locate an employee.  This is for an employee wanting to call a client, when the employee is not at the office.   I can set it up with a static phone number, like if Jim always wanted to Call Alex, this way, I can do that.   but this configuration would need to be setup almost with a wild card, so that Jim could enter in any phone number he wanted, and the UC540 would call it.

thanks. again.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I just had a quick look at cannot see where this can be done, the only option to dial a number is "Dial-By-Extension if you know the extension number of the person" and in a way I can kind of see why this is not an option given the the amount of exposure the system will be open to toll fraud, even if it is a hidden option (Wouldn't take long for the System scanners to find it).

I am sure that you can get Cisco to modify an AA script to allow for this, you would have to place the request in with them (I cannot remember where it is you do that now) but they do have a division that can make custom AA scripts for you.

I will try and dig around a little further tonight after work and see what might work as an alternative.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

There are a few options to handle this particular situation.

1) Use the DISA feature in CME. You'll need to set this up with the CLI. The steps are documented here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9795#Does_the_UC500_support_Dial_Inward_System_Access_DISA

2) Get a modified AA script to from Cisco as David mentioned.

3) Use a third party product like Microsoft Exchange. This is my preferred method. I tried using the built in DISA feature for a while but it's very easy to make a mistake when youre using a cell phone and a real pain to have to start all over. If you use Exchange you can simply say "call joe blow" and Exchange makes the call on your behalf.

Cole

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

It is fairly trivial to make an auto attendant script that could do this. Cisco distributes the "Cisco CUCE Editor" for making custom AA scripts -- it is not very difficult to use. Of course the custom script wouldn't be supported by STAC, but your goal is fairly simple, so I doubt it would matter. In terms of security, you could set it to only allow calls to be made from certain source numbers, or require a passcode.

If you decide to do a custom AA script and need help, let me know, I would be happy to do so.