Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Queue Software Options

mark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have alot of customers in the medical field and have deployed UC500's pretty successfully.  Does anyone have any suggestions on call queue software that works with UC series really well.  The AA does a good job but if patients calling in get VM, the just call back and back, so I am looking for a solution where they wait in a queue, then are transfered to the first availble phone in a particular department, kind of what a call center does.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Have you considered using the Basic Automatic Call Distribution ("BACD") feature on the UC? Page 424 of the CCA Admin Guide discusses this feature:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version3_2_1/administration_guide/cca_sbcs_admin_guide.pdf

Thanks,

-john

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Have you considered using the Basic Automatic Call Distribution ("BACD") feature on the UC? Page 424 of the CCA Admin Guide discusses this feature:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version3_2_1/administration_guide/cca_sbcs_admin_guide.pdf

Thanks,

-john

This is perfect, I am still discovering all of the UC functions and didn't know it had this feature. Learn something new everyday.

Thanks,!

Hi Mark,

One of the tricks I did to get the BACD to be a little more clever was to have its final destination point to the AA, then I set the AA prompts to do the following:

Announcement - "Thank you for continuing to hold, all our operators are currently busy so please choose from one of the following options" (Make this similar to the BACD Announcement)

1. Press "1" to continue to hold (This will send them back into the BACD)

2. If this is an emergency press "2" to speak to someone immediately otherwise dial (911 or 000 or what ever the emergency number is in your region) - Make sure this is pointing to a separate DN on each of the phones and mark it as the emergency extension

3. Or if you wish to be called back press "3" and leave a detailed voice mail and one of our staff will call you back shortly

This is the method I used for various medical center roll-outs, it worked quite well and in fact in some cases worked better than their previous system.

However, Please try and avoid doing this on a live system as it can be a little fiddly to setup, but once it is setup it does the job quite nicely

Cheers,

David Trad.
davidtradconsultinggmail.com

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

Thank you for your suggestions, I have a UC500 lab in my office that I can mess around with to try it out.  Do you know how many sub menu's BACD will allow, I know that the AA only let's you go down 2 levels so I create multiple AA's to mix and match.  Is is the same with BACD, how many sub menu's?

Thanks,