Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Recording for the UC320W

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am aware that the UC320W does not do call recording nativly and that a third party software is reuired.  I was wondering if anyone had any experiance of using one with the UC320W and if they could let us know how they got on, i.e. was it easy to set up, what was the support like. 

I have been recommended to try www.oak.co.uk, but would appreciate any comments on experiances working with them, or any alternatives.

Thank you,

Tony

3 Replies 3

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

CallRex Call Recording by Telrex does work with all of the Cisco Unified Communications solutions, including the UC320, UC500, CME, CMBE, and CallManager solutions. However, CallRex Call Recording requires the deployment of a CallRex server.

If you are using CallRex Call Recording with UC300, UC500, CME, or CMBE 3000, you will also need to have the following set up:

• An second Ethernet card installed on the computer running the CallRex server software
  • At least one or more Cisco managed switches (300 series, ESW 500 series, Catalyst Express, or Catalyst switches)
  • All of the wired IP phones plugged into the Cisco managed switches (and not the built-in switchports on the UC320, UC520, or UC540)
  • The 2nd Ethernet port of the CallRex server connected to a SPAN port on one of the managed switches
  • If you are using wireless IP phones, you will need to use an external access point (such as a Cisco AP541N) connected to a Cisco managed switch

Information about CallRex Call Recording can be found at http://www.telrex.com/call_recording.htm.

Hi John,

I have ahd a quote from Telrex now and chatted with a couple of sales guys.  Has anyone else any experiace of call recording with other companies?

Tony

GlenPinder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tony, did you find a walk through for enabling a span port?

I have a UC320W with a SF302-08P and I would like to enable a span port on the SF302-08P.

I couldn't find any obvious settings.  Do you have a walk through?

Kind Regards,

Glen