Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing back to Initiators Voicemail

Patrick Werner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community.

The customers wants to send the call back to the initiators voice mail. This means exactly:

Step 1: The Phone of user1 is calling (if no answer forward the call to the main desk)

Step 2: The main desk phone is calling (if no answer forward the call back to users1 voicemail)

To setup the UC with CCA from Step 1 to Step 2 is easy but how can i forward the call back to users 1 voicemail ?

Hope you guys can help, thansk in advance

4 Replies 4

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Patrick,

I don't really believe this is feasible, because the UC would dynamically need to determine where to send the call back to in step 2. I can think of 1 solution, but I don't believe it is very scalable. The solution would be to create multiple extensions on the main desk phone. Each of these extensions relates to a different user. So if user1 doesn't answer then it is call forwarded to the user1 ext on the main desk phone, which then has a call forward back to user1's voicemail. This would require a line button for each user. Another solution, would be to create a shared line, which is onuser1 and the main desk users' phone. Again though, this requires a line button for each user, and will ring on the main desk at that same time as on the user1's phone.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

Hi John.

Thanks for the answer, i see the problem. But how do i send the call directly back the users1 voicemail. The voicemail number for all users is 99. Do i have to create a dedicated voicemail number for the user1 voicemail ?

Best regards patrick

Hello Patrick,

You can configure a voicemail steering digit, so that you can transfer calls back to the user's voicemail without ringing the phone. By default, the voicemail steering digit is 6. So to transfer back to voicemail directly the user would transfer to. 6+extension.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

Hi John.

I did that this way. I've created a "hunt-group parallel" for every phone number. The call goes after 4 rings to the hunt-group and again after 4 rings back to the voicemail of the called phone.

Thahs works fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: