Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Waiting Feature not functional

Jonathan3000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There, 

We have an IP Phone model SPA525G and we've been having trouble getting the "call waiting" feature to work. I've gone to user preferences on the phone and toggled the call waiting feature on and off multiple times but we still cannot get a beep or alert when a call comes in on the other line.

This is a problem we've been having for a while and it seriously limits are ability to interact with customers. If you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Jonathan3000,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.  What is the SPA525G2 registering too?  How is the button/line configured on the phone?  If it is registering to a hosted solution I recommend you contact them as they may not have the feature enabled for your services.  If it is a local call control and it provides the configuration to the phone you will need to look there as it may have the feature disabled.  After that you will need to run some SIP debugs to see how the call/feature is being handled.

Otherwise if it is enabled on the phone it should be working. 

Regards,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.

I don't believe it is registered locally and I have gone to the settings on the phone and enabled the "Call waiting" feature. I even disabled and enabled a few times and still was never able to successfully activate the call waiting feature. 

How do i run the SIP debugs? Would that be the next step?

Hello Jonathan3000,

If you do not have a local call control then your service must be with a Telephony service provider.  The options you have for this will either be to contact your Telephony service provider to verify the feature call waiting is enabled or if you have a managed switch to set up port mirroring and do a wireshark capture to see the SIP traffic.

Regards,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.