Helpful
Replies

Caller ID configuration help :(

nathan
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I hope someone can help.

here is the flow.

Someone dials into the system, a DID is matched, which points to a floating extension, which dials someones cell phone.

Currently the caller ID on the persons cell phone is that of the call origin(the callers phone).  I want the caller ID to be that our our main number on the UC.

So, I added the translation in the caller ID tab on the outgoing dial plan.  However, it still does not work.  Is this even possible?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Nathan,

It looks like your translation is only translating internal numbers.  You can change this in CCA by going to Configure > Telephony > Dial-Plan > Outgoing, then going to the caller-id tab.  Choose the T1 trunk, and change the "Caller Number" from "internal extensions" to "any number".   That will change the translation rule for you.

If you are using CLI, you can just adjust voice translation-rule 4.  Remove all of the current rules, and add "rule 15 /.*/ /YourMainNumber/"

CLI:

Conf T

voice translation-rule 4

no rule 1

rule 15 /.*/ /YourMainNumber/    <--- put your main phone number in.

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Nathan,

Yes, you should be able to translate the caller ID of the call.  Is the incoming/outgoing call using a T1, FXO, or SIP trunk??

Thank you,

Darren

Hello Darren,

our incoming is a t1...

so the call comes into the t1, translates the did to a mobile extension that rings a cell phone.  When i use the outbound tab in cca and tell it to do it, it does not do it, the original caller caller ID still shows up..

Hello Nathan,

Not sure why it is not working with a standard config.  Is this a CCA configured unit, or was it configured with CLI?  With a standard CCA config, there should be a translation on the T1 trunk group, which translates the outgoing caller ID to the company number.  In the past, that translation only modified calls from an internal extension.  On the outbound dial-plan in CCA, there is a "caller-id" tab.  Does that reference your main number?   If this is a standard CCA config, voice translation-rule 4 will be used for translating the outgoing caller-id.  What does that rule say?

Thank you,

Darren

If you can post your config, I can look at that also.  Just remove the usernames, passwords, and any sensitive info.

Hello Darren,

thank you for replying.  This is a 100% CCA configured device.  When I spoke with small business support they told me it doesn't work right because it's forwarding the call instead of redialing, so the forwarded number goes with it.  The guy I spoke with said there might be a way to fix this, but he didn't know..

here is my output..

UC_560#show translation-rule 4
xrule with tag <4> doesn't exist

UC_560#show translation-rule

UC_560#

Hello Nathan,

Here is an example of the relevant parts of the config to look for in your running configuration..

trunk group ALL_T1E1

hunt-scheme longest-idle

translation-profile outgoing PROFILE_ALL_T1E1    <---  Translation profile to reference.

voice translation-profile PROFILE_ALL_T1E1      <---  Translation profile

translate calling 4                                            <---  Rule number to look for.

voice translation-rule 4

rule 15 /.*/ /8885551212/                                  <---  Translates caller ID to 8885551212

If you can pull those parts of the config from your unit, we should be able to see what is happening.

Thank you,

Darren

C_560#show voice translation-profile PROFILE_ALL_T1E1
Translation Profile: PROFILE_ALL_T1E1
        Rule for Calling number: 4
        Rule for Called number:
        Rule for Redirect number:
        Rule for Redirect-target number:

UC_560#

Trunk group: ALL_T1E1
        Description:
        trunk group label: ALL_T1E1

Translation profile (Incoming):
        Translation profile (Outgoing): PROFILE_ALL_T1E1

LPCOR (Incoming):
        LPCOR (Outgoing):

Preemption is disabled (by default)

Hunt Scheme is longest-idle
        Max Calls (Incoming):   NOT-SET (Any)   NOT-SET (Voice) NOT-SET (Data)
        Max Calls (Outgoing):   NOT-SET (Any)   NOT-SET (Voice) NOT-SET (Data)
        Max Calls (MixTotal):   NOT-SET (Any)   NOT-SET (Voice) NOT-SET (Data)
        Retries: 0

Trunk Se0/3/0:23        Preference DEFAULT
                Member Timeslots : 1-24
                Total channels available : 23
                Data = 0, Voice = 1, Modem = 0, Pending = 0, Free = 22

Total calls for trunk group: Data = 0, Voice = 1, Modem = 0
                                     Pend = 0, Free = 22

advertise_flag 0x00000000, capacity timer 25 sec tripl_config_mask 0x00000000
        AC_curr 22, FD_curr 0, SD_curr 0

succ_curr 307 tot_curr 309
        succ_report 307 tot_report 309
        changed 1 replacement position 0

UC_560#show voice translation-rule 4
Translation-rule tag: 4

Rule 1:
        Match pattern: 2927
        Replace pattern: OURmainNumber

Match type: none                Replace type: none
        Match plan: none                Replace plan: none

Rule 15:
        Match pattern: ^....$
        Replace pattern: OURmainNumber
        Match type: none                Replace type: none
        Match plan: none                Replace plan: none

UC_560#

Hello Nathan,

It looks like your translation is only translating internal numbers.  You can change this in CCA by going to Configure > Telephony > Dial-Plan > Outgoing, then going to the caller-id tab.  Choose the T1 trunk, and change the "Caller Number" from "internal extensions" to "any number".   That will change the translation rule for you.

If you are using CLI, you can just adjust voice translation-rule 4.  Remove all of the current rules, and add "rule 15 /.*/ /YourMainNumber/"

CLI:

Conf T

voice translation-rule 4

no rule 1

rule 15 /.*/ /YourMainNumber/    <--- put your main phone number in.

Thank you,

Darren

Thanks Darren,

that did the trick(the checkbox in the cca)!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: