cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Call Forward to Toll Free Numbers

bill.roland
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC560 system using a PRI and use the night-service function to forward after hours calls to an answering service.  Until last week, the answering service number was local, and worked fine.  They changed the number to an 866 number, and after that, night-service will not forward.  I also cannot Call-Forward to toll free numbers.  I can pickup a phone and call toll free numbers (including the answering service number), and it will work fine.  I can also call forward to long distance numbers.  Neither myself nor CenturyLink, who I bought this system from, can understand why this is not working.  CenturyLink has called other customers of theirs with the UC systems and discovered that none of them can forward to toll free numbers either, so apparently this is a default configuration issue with these boxes.

After digging around and looking, the only logical thing I can see that may be preventing the forwarding is a COR-List setting, but to be honest I've read the documentation several times and, while I understand the concepts behind it, I'm not really sure how its implemented in this system.

If anybody has any suggestions or instructions on what to do, I'd be much obliged.  Thanks in advance.  I am running the latest software pack, 8.1.0. 

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The debugs will really tell us what is going on but you may want to try this. This will need to be done through CLI.

config t

interface Serial0/3/0:23

no isdn outgoing ie redirecting-number

exit

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jontheuser
Level 1
Level 1

Can you attach a copy of running config ? Remove any sensitive/confidential info from the config before sending it.

Along with the running config can we get a debug voip ccapi inout and a debug

isdn q931 , recreate the issue with call forwarding.

Thanks

I'll be happy to gather those and post them, I can't recreate the issue with the debug logs until after hours, but I'll try to get the running config posted shortly.  Thanks in advance!

Bill

Here's the running config.  Thanks.

The debugs will really tell us what is going on but you may want to try this. This will need to be done through CLI.

config t

exit

bethingt wrote:

config t

exit

That did the trick.  Entered that command and immediately I can call forward to toll free numbers.  You're a life saver.  I forwarded this information to my friends at CenturyLink so they would have it as well for future reference.

Thanks again!

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: