Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't change the 7925 wifi locales on UC560

Hi everyone

I have a problem with a UC560 installation. The system is in Spanish European and the 504G phones are in spanish. But the 7925 wifi phone still are in english.

I have try update from 8.6.0 to 8.6.1 and the issue persist.

I have a TAC case but sicenrenly they aren't helping me too much.

This is the G504 XML file information for locale

<loadInformation>spa50x-30x-7-5-2b</loadInformation>

<userLocale>

<name>User_Define_4</name>

<langCode>es_ES</langCode>

</userLocale>

And this for the 7925

<loadInformation>CP7925G-1.4.1SR1</loadInformation>

<userLocale>

<name>User_Define_4</name>

<winCharSet>user_define_4</winCharSet>

<langCode>es_ES</langCode>

</userLocale>

Inside the flash:its/user_Define_4 are the locale files

I've try to check a debug tftp but sudenly the 7925 phone doesn't ask for any locale files.

Any Ideas?

Than you.

Best regards

10 Replies 10

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Waldo,

Have you checked to see if the 7925 fully supports your chosen local?

You may want to consider deleting all references of the 7925 phone and then recreating it, this way at the same time it will recreate the CNF files, this may assist you and may get it updated properly.

You may need to consider that the 7925 may not be able to take your Spanish locale files, I am not 100% certain that is the case, but you may need to consider that is the case

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi

Thank you for the answer David

Yes, I thouhg about that, but I don't find any information to confirm it. The cisco TAC says in his laboratory with a UC540 the 7925 gets the locales correctly.

When I updated to 8.6.1 I restore the default settings and formated the flash. After that I restore a backup file.

Inside the locale ZIP I can find a 7921 dictionary file but not the 7925 dictionary. I think 7925 can use the 7921 dictionary, but I don't know what file the 7925 is looking for because the tftp debug don't show anything.

Best Regards

They should be the same, Check again the tftp, it should be there.

What do you mean, the 7921 dictionary files? Yes, they are into the its\user_4_define folder.

I mean the tftp requests from phone. No request, no language change.

Hi,

are you using the .tar file for the locale files or do you have single files for each device? I recognized that with the tar files everything work smoother.

Copy the ES load CME-locale-es_ES-Spanish-8.1.2.1.tar to the its folder on the flash. Then enter just

telephony-service

user-locale ES load CME-locale-es_ES-Spanish-8.1.2.1.tar

create cnf-files

I'm tomorrow in the office, where we have a 7925 in german. I will check for which files it looks on the tftp.

chris

- Please rate helpful posts -

Christian Semmler escribió:

Hi,

are you using the .tar file for the locale files or do you have single files for each device? I recognized that with the tar files everything work smoother.

Copy the ES load CME-locale-es_ES-Spanish-8.1.2.1.tar to the its folder on the flash. Then enter just

telephony-service

user-locale ES load CME-locale-es_ES-Spanish-8.1.2.1.tar

create cnf-files

I'm tomorrow in the office, where we have a 7925 in german. I will check for which files it looks on the tftp.

chris

I already did that exactly how you're explaining.

Thank you, I appreciate  this information.

Regards

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Waldo,

Have tried using CCA to update the locale file?

Basically you drag and drop the .tar file into the topology screen and CCA should take care of the rest for you.

Would you mind giving that a try for me?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Really?

No, I just updated the locale from the update section. But I think the point is the 504G phones are getting the language correctly and the information into the xml files are the same in 504G and 7925G.

Today I have a appoitment with the cisco TAC and they are gonna check this. Also I'm going to test with a 7921 phone.

I'll update this post.

Thank  you.

Best Regards 

Hi

Finally mistery resolve. They problem was the person who installed the AP had connected the AP into the data vlan (vlan100) and UC560 doesn't have option 150 for the dhcp data pool. So the phones didn't have the TFTP configured.

But now with the new version 8.6.1 the MWI stop working.

Awesome...

I have checked the configuration and every are configured correctly. I'm going to open a another post for this. I'm completly lost.

Thank you.

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: