cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't factory Cisco IP Phone 7970G.

geekguy15
Level 1
Level 1

So I purchased some used Cisco IP Phones (7970G) and attempted to do a factory reset on one. (Following the instructions here https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/18366/user-cannot-reset-7970-ip-phone-factory-defaults-after-upgrade-ip-phone-load-6x) Problem now is that It now won't boot up and how I might be able to fix it. Also is a TFTP server needed to set this up as Im trying to set it up on a small home network.

Thanks for any help.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Enter 3491672850*#

Did you perform this procedure?  If you did, leave the phone connected to power for 45 minutes.  The screen will remain "blank" or "dark" but it is doing something in the background.

Thanks for responding,

I attempted to preform the procedure and left it for a little more than an hour originally but, when I turn it on (holding or not holding the speaker button) the mute red light turns on then off and then the speaker light turns green and back off in about 30 seconds then line 1 flashes on then off and then line 2 flashes on then off (both orange) not giving me enough time to punch in another number. After that happens nothing else happens, even leaving it on overnight.