Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't get my UC320W to see a phoneline

jamiereesgml1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a UC320w which I am trying to set up for an office. I am currently unable to get the device to see any phonelines, despite being plugged into the master socket of each one. The FXO line simply says "no-service" - I have tried all four ports) and will do no more than that.

I have tried different cables, confirmed the phone line to be good by using an analogue telephone on it and resetting the device back to factory defaults (and rebooting), all to no avail.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jamie

2 Replies 2

Dennis Bigelow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jamie,

This sounds like you need to load the PMF for FXO overload. This PMF fixes issues with FXO lines not being detected.If you go to

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16301

You can download the FXO_Overload_disable.pmf and then go to Status>Devices>Alter PMFs in Configure Utility and apply configuration. This should fix the issue.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks for the reply.

Just to give an update, I solved this in the end by using an adaptor to cross two of the pins in the RJ11 connector. It emerges that this is required for some UK phonelines.

Hopefully it'll help someone else who might have a similar issue.

Jamie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: