cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you configure UC540 to use an ATA 186 or 187?

jon.blomquist
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my situation: I have a remote office which would like to use an Analog Conference Room phone on an ATA at their remote office connected to their Cisco UC540 phone system.

Can anyone direct or assist me with a configuration?

Thanks for any assistance.

Jon

8 Replies 8

crowe
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the link, I actually found this one after posting on this question. I can tell you the ATA 187 does not work. At least out of the box. I did read where others have said the ATA 186 does work, however I am looking for confirmation the 186 will and does. I suspect neither do through CCA. I did contact Cisco Small Business Support yesterday and neither are a "Supported" configuration. I typically only use CCA since I do not know CLI very well. Additionally, getting Cisco Support on the UC500 series when the system has been configured with both CCA and CLI normally get placed in an Unspported configuration type of case assignment which I'd like to avoid, but it is looking like in order to meet clients requirements I'll have to take that chance. This said does anyone have examples of configuration from CLI?

Jon

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jon,

Will you be managing the system using CLI only and not going to use CCA?

Also are you UC express certified?

Just need to know what kind of support to give without causing other issues

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

First, I am not UC express Certified.

Second, I attempt to avoid CLI because this puts the systems in an "Unsupported" configuration with Cisco Small Business Support. Funny thing is most times when contacting Support they use CLI

Lastly, can confirm ATA 187 out of the box on CCA does not work... So I suspect I'll be going "Unsupported" using CLI.

Configuration Examples and assistance setup will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jon

Hi Jon,

SBSC will use CLI as they are as I am lead to believe, trained in OOB configuration for CCA support, and when they do CLI all responsibility is upon them to ensure CCA compatibility and ongoing support of these changes... Putting the onus back on them I guess.

The ATA 18X was supported long ago, there was a reason they removed this support I just cannot find the original post about it, not sure if they get archived 

What are you using the ATA's for if you don't mind me asking, there could be a couple of uses for them, I curious as to what you will be using them for, maybe there is an alternative for you to consider

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

The main reason for using an ATA with the UC540 system is in a remote office / Teleworker solution for a Conference Room phone. We have a client with Main Offices in Richland WA and a smaller Remote office in Reston VA. The Reston is mainly a sales office which then needs to have conferences with the Support / Development office in Richland. So since the Remote office has 2 phones they did not see the benifit of a more expensive VOIP conference phone being they already own the analog version. They are probably going to have to use something like the SPA504g with Speaker phone is what I am looking into for them now.

Thank you,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Give me a call on my mobile 0414474751 when you get a chance to

Cheers,

David.

jon.blomquist
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, All.

Here is what I have found with either the UC 540 or 560 systems and CCA up to date, the ATA 186's will work by default and they can be configured within Users and Extensions. Currenlty the ATA187 is not supported or recognized on the UC500 series. Hopefully since the ATA187 is the only one available from Cisco support for them will be added with updates to CCA and UC soon.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: