cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you configure UC560 to use a VG248?

jon.blomquist
Level 1
Level 1

We have a client which has an older Call Manager 4.0 system that is expiring (Actually Publish has died and currently running on Sub only). The system has several ATA186's in use and two VG248 Voice gateways. Can anyone assist me with configuring a UC560 system to use these older systems?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Jon

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jon,

Will you be managing the system using CLI only and not going to use CCA?

Also are you UC express certified?

Just need to know what kind of support to give without causing other issues

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

Thanks for replying to this issue as well as the ATA question I have also asked. I have been pointed to the following link: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9486

I'll know in a couple of days if the VG248 will work like the VG224 and let everyone know on this post.

Also this is the Link to the type of device they have: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_data_sheet09186a008007c9bb.html

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the update

The thing with this kind of stuff is that the UC-500 series was never intended for this stuff, and support in the past for these items were ad-hoc and only because the UC itself was a CME based system, the difference is that the ISR-CME has different feature sets to the UC500-CME and those feature sets support different appliances and mechanisms, even if you get it to work, just know that it was never intended for this appliance.

Cisco have been working on the SPA-8000 series as an alternative to the VG's, although a pretty poor attempt and a lack of expediting it to market in a working fashion, it is the support option/method to some degree, and is in need of desperate attention (Granted).

You will have to do any work via CLI, you will also put the system out of SBSC support and only the Warranty will be available, you may get away with support on other components of the system, but you would have to get a super friendly SBSC rep who would be willing to take the risk (Not many of them I must add).

Good luck and I hope you can achieve want you need to for the benefit of the client

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

Thanks for the reply. I suspected the config was going to require using CLI. I'll let you know how it turns out or should I require additional assistance. This client has two large buildings which still require many more FXS phone ports then the UC560 has onboard but already owning the VG248 times 2 and with a failing CCM and the current economy I am just trying to keep it in the Cisco family so here we go

Thanks again.

Jon

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should be able to use them as if they were VG224s.

jon.blomquist
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, All

I have found the UC560 system will not support the VG248 voice gateway. I was able to get them configured to see the UC system but past that I could not get them to function.

Just thought I'd update.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Jon