cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you set a distinct ringtone for an incoming number?

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

We have a client with a UC560. There is a sip-based call box on extension 321 that can unlock a door. We want the calls to come a specific 7962 handset that sits next to a screen that shows a security camera pointed at that door. We would like the call box to have a different ringtone from all the other calls that come into the 7962 so that the ladies know to look at the camera before picking up the phone (which would unlock the door). Is there a way to assign a unique ringtone to an internal extension?

Thanks!!

3 Replies 3

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tracy,

I am not aware of a way to do this with a specific incoming number.  However, you could create a seperate button on the phone that the SIP box only calls.  You can assign a custom ringtone to that specific button. 

This works on the SPA525G I have sitting in front of me unfortunately I don't have a 7962 with me.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Trent Good

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

What might that look like? I'm trying to follow your line of thinking here..The callbox is on an internal extension.

7962:

button 1: ext300  <---- used as primary line

button 2: ext301  <---- used only for opening door.

The normal calls will go to extension 300.  ONLY the callbox will call 301. Therefore when she receives calls on 301 they should only be coming from the callbox. Therefore when you assign a ringtone to that button it will ring differently for calls from the callbox.

EDIT: This may be of help when configuring a different ringtone:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7962g_7961g_7961g-ge_7942g_7941g_7941g-ge/8_0/english/user/guide/62614241cus.html

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: