cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Access CUE

zach.moody
Level 1
Level 1

I can't seem to get into CUE. When I do a "service-mod I 0/0 sess" all that happens is this...

UC560#ser i 0/0 sess

Trying 10.1.10.2, 2002 ... Open

I can try resetting it, clearing the session and reopening, but it continues to do the same thing. I can't even get a bootloader prompt so I can restore the software on it. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zach,

remove the default route to cue, add it back in and it's going to work

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Zach,

Couple of things to try first:

1. Run the service module command, but instead of session put "status" there and show us what the current status is of the module.
  2. Power the system right down, then power it back up and give the CUE module approx 4-6 minutes to boot up before trying to session into it
  3. If point two does not work, run the service module command again and use the "reload" command, but imediatly after doing so session into it imediatly, always make sure you press the enter key twice when ever you try to session into the CUE module as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David, thanks for the reply.

Currently the status shows the following:

UC560#ser i 0/0 status

Service Module is Cisco Integrated-Service-Engine0/0

Service Module supports session via TTY line 2

Service Module is failed

Service Module heartbeat-reset is enabled

Service Module status is not available

After I do the reload (I tried to session into it immediately afterwards to no avail) it shows this:
UC560#ser i 0/0 status
Service Module is trying to recover from reset/shutdown
After that's displayed for about 20min it goes back to the "Service Module has failed". When I cycle power to the device it says something to the effect of waiting for registration messages (I can post the exact error tomorrow) then eventually reverts to the same Service Module has failed message. I noticed the 2gb CF card it came with was unformatted. Is that where the boot loader and system files are stored?

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try hitting enter a few times. It's a console session which needs to

wake up.

Maybe something else is connected (it's one at a time).

On Jul 12, 2010, at 4:06 PM, "zach.moody"

Yeah, I've tried that. Nothing seems to register.

Zach,

remove the default route to cue, add it back in and it's going to work

Perfect, I can get to the boot loader now. Thanks!

Well, spoke too soon. I had to reboot and now, even following that process, I can't get back into the CUE.

i have the same issue with a UC560. everything was working, then suddenly i cannot access CUE. here is what i get

UC560#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 se
Trying 10.1.10.2, 2002 ...
% Destination unreachable; gateway or host down

UC560#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 status
Service Module is failed

no matter what i do as far as rebooting or power cycle i get the same message. seems dead, but i thought maybe someone might have a trick or two. lucky it is not in productions so i will be calling tac on monday.

I am setting up a UC560 and facing exactly the same issue.

UC560#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 status 
Service Module is failed

UC560#

Did you get an answer from the TAC and what was the solution ?

Not really, we ended up having to RMA the box.

I am on my 3rd RMA for the UC560 in 3 weeks...

Exact symptoms as below.

Did anyone find a solution

reset/reload/session etc all do not work

VM light is off on the front panel of the UC560

Have you ever considered that this could be something other than CUE, e.g. a voltage spike on a under-protected electric circuit, when you RMA'ed the second UC560 ?

Getting into boot helper mode can be a bit tricky when the CUE is sick - it's mostly a matter of very fast timing in terms of resetting the module and then getting a session into the module so that you see the boot prompts that allow you to interrrupt the normal boot process before it locks up again.

Try this document on boot helper and see if you have any success in getting control of the CUE: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13686

Best of luck - let us know what happens.

Raymond

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: