cannot connect to SPA525G2 from Cisco Configuration Assistant
I am trying to connect to two SPA525G2 Cisco IP Phones to upgrade the firmware. Currently, they have firmware v7.4.8. The hardware version is 2.1.0.
I have tried these steps:
1) set PC with Configuration Assistant to fixed IP and disconnect from LAN
2) Factory reset SPA525G2
3) Set fixed IP on phone
4) Use that IP in Configuration Assistant to connect to device:
- if I leave it to HTTPS, I get an Unable to connect error.
- if I change it to HTTP, I get a login dialog, but have no clue what might be valid for a factory reset device
I can use a browser to the IP - read only interface - no apparent way to manage the phone via browser. I've seen posts showing one going to <phone IP>/admin/advanced from browser but this give a "403 Forbidden !" error. Using https://<ip> with or without /admin/advanced or various ports offered on posts just yields a not available error.
What I realy need to do is upgrade the firmware and ship these phones out with some belief that the people in the field will be able to connect them to the phone switch there.
1) I also saw references to using a USB stick to do update - but no details on how to set it up.
2) I also saw references to using TFTP, but still not sure what needs to be done to make a go of it.
Welcome back for issue number 2 of the small business support community newsletter. Over the coming months we're going to share exciting news on the hardware and support community side. For now, we'll highlight our new favorite docs, pertinent...
Change in ASD Automatic Software Download Feature
Dec 13th, 2019
Cisco RV160, 260, 340, and 345 Series Routers
Due to an API change in Cisco’s software download platform the Automatic Download Feature (ASD) on RV series routers will be temporarily ...
SFP Module Support List for RV160x and RV260x Devices
Small form-factor pluggable (SFP) ports are included on the RV160 and 260 routers to allow the use of optical SFP transceiver modules. SFP’s convert the optical signals to electrical signals. SFP’s al...
Cisco is excited to offer its San Jose customers a unique opportunity to join us at Cisco headquarters for a design thinking workshop. This exclusive gathering, of no more than 20 people, is designed for an immersive interactive one-day session bet...