Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot dial "*" nor *"050"

Pedro Macedo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently installed an UC320W to a Customer in Mexico. He wanted to report a problem with one of his analog lines to his service provider (Telmex) and in order to do so, he must dial "050". When he enters 9 + 050, he gets an "invalid number" message deom the UC320W. He can dial 9 + 044 xx xx xx xx xx, to reach cel phones.

He had to unplug the analog line from the UC320W, plug it into an analog phone, then dial "050" from there, report his problem and then plug his analog line back into the UC320W. This is extremely annoying.

Same happens when he dials 9 + "*" to do a configuration of his analog line (eliminate the voice mail he had with the service provider).

Any thoughts on how to solve this? Will there be an update to the dial plan in Mexico to support "050" and "*"?.

Thanks,

Pedro.

3 Replies 3

Hello Pedro,

Thank you for reporting this bug. CSCtx15992 has been opened to track not being able to dial service numbers such as 050.

Currently, the UC320W does not support services such as FXO provider based voicemail.  This service should not be provisioned on the FXO line connected to a UC320W.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for your prompt reply, Chris. Will wait patiently for the "050" fix.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Hi Pedro,

Please send an e-mail to me at cedgewor@cisco.com and I'll send you a new Region Pack for Mexico to try.

Thanks,

Chris