cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Download SSL VPN Client for UC 500 - Any Ideas

invtechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to setup a remote phone on our UC 500.  Going through the setup process we need to download the SSL VPN client and install it on the UC500.

When I go to the website to download the client we are told that we cannot download the client since we do not have a valid support agreement attached to our CCO (even though we are a select certified partner).  Our Small Business support plan for our unit has been ordered but is taking a while to arrive.

Any ideas how I can get my hands on this?  I really need it for a demo Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Jontheuser
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried calling 1-800-go-cisco ?

There is usually a pretty quick turn around for service contract orders. Did you create a quote on the SCC site before submitting the order with your distibutor?

Double check on the order status with your distributor. If they are missing end user info, serial number or anything like that, it will definitely hold up the order.

Cole

invtechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

Called Cisco and they told me to call my distributor.  Basically no contract number means that they will not help me with getting the software.

I have the SSL software license that came with the 560, but it does not seem to offer much either.

Going to have to hunt around on the web for an alternative since I am running out of time to get this working.

I feel your pain man. Been there - it sucks.

Best way to avoid these situations is to build a quote on the SCC site prior to placing the order with your disty.

On that quote you will have all the end user info, devices to be covered and associated serial numbers. Once the quote is built and is in the "complete" stage then call the distributor to place the order. Simply say that you want to purchase Cisco service quote# "Q123456789".

By doing this you will dramatically reduce the chance of something getting messed up and delaying the order.

I've tried letting the disty handle all of this but have had many orders that got messed up as a result.

Cole

Hi invtechnologies,

Contact your Distie now and find out where the service contract is at, they do at times stuff these up, I am usually chasing 1-2 of them a week, but admittedly not just with them but also with Cisco as they can stuff up the association themselves as well.

There are no alternatives to use with the UC-500, stick at it and make sure you get what you paid for mate

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *