cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot register SPA8800 gateway with UC320W

smurlaga73
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a new device and put a correct MAC address. SPA8800 is connected to a LAN port 4 on UC320W.

UC320W is configured for Voice only (VLAN 100). IP network is 172.16.255.0 with mask 255.255.255.0. Data VLAN is disabled.

From a SPA8800 side I can see that it is getting IP address and other stuff via DHCP but still cannot register:

Is there any trick or this particular device is defetive?

2 Replies 2

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

Try factory resetting SPA8800 so the device has a clean configuration when it boots up.

Connect pots phone to fxs port of SPA8800

enter **** (4 stars) and audio from internal IVR is played

enter reset on phone keypad (73738) enter 1 to confirm

This should factory reset device and should allow UC320W to automatically provision the device.

Connect ethernet cable from SPA8800 Ethernet port (not Aux port)  to UC320W

Last item to check:

Please ensure the UC320W does not use network 192.168.0.x 255.255.255.0 (evan on WAN interface).

This network is reserved within the SPA8800

Try the above steps and comment back if this does not resolve your issue.

Regards,

Randy

My fault I forgot to mention that I did reset the SPA8800 to the factory default configuration although it actually didn't have any configuration since I've just unpacked the device today.

Anyway, now I have fixed the problem by configuring one FXS port on SPA8800, applying the configuration change AND CONNECTING SOMETHING TO THIS PORT.

You should really update your documentation, man. I am sure I am not the only one who had his time wasted trying to make this beast to cooperate. And not a single word in neither SPA8800 or UC320W documentation says what you really need to do to make it registered on UC320W! The only source of information is this forum (thanks btw).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: