cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot send Notify to Cisco SPA with PJSIP driver

Porta_Phone
Level 1
Level 1

I have problems sending notify to our Cisco phone with the new PJSip driver from Asterisk.

I had no problem before with Chansip. I have submitted the problem to the Asterisk team but I still cannot find what the problem is.

I can reboot a yealink phone with the notify command but the Cisco is refusing my credentials even though it is registered properly.

I have made some Wireshark's captures, to demonstrate the problem. Has anyone successfully sent a notify to a SPA phone with the new PJSip driver in the Asterisk 13.2 version? I would really appreciate it if someone could confirm that it is working.

I have included the Notify request and the response from the phone.

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not early adopter, so I can't confirm the PJSIP is working. I'm using old SIP stack even with the Asterisk version supporting the PJSIP.

But I'm surprised you didn't analyzed the issue. The phone's response is clear - phone claim the Authorization of Asterisk is incorrect, so the request is rejected.

Well, so either PJSIP has sent incorrect Authorization header, or there's something wrong on phone's side.

You know the nonce, you know the name as well as password. So did you computed the proper response of PJSIP and copared it with the one supplied by Asterisk ? Is the "response=" value correct ?

We can't verify it as we know no authorization data (password, for example).

You should identify "who's guilty" in such particular case. You should ask here (because the phone is wrong) or you should ask in an Asterisk forum (because the Asterisk/PJSIP Authorization is wrong) then.

I just did a test that proves that Asterisk is not sending the right response with the PJsip driver.

The response with password P_qpOJ(cnY9qDoPi7TqUdk!Xp6Gj4p should be this:

4a07bd32a3b06aa3923d1c351cdc0976

See attached file PJSIP_wrong_response with the tool I have used to calculate the response.

I also did another test with a notify and the old Chansip driver and the calculated response is ok. (See attached file CHan_SIP_Response_OK.

So you confirmed the PJSIP authorization is wrong. There's nothing you can do with it on phone's side.

PJSIP stack algorithm and/or input data used for response calculation needs to be analyzed now. So further discussion should be moved to an Asterisk-related forum. This forum is not proper place to debug Asterisks sources.

I have reported the problem to the Asterisk team. It's too bad it's not working, all my dialplan  was working with the new driver. I will have to wait and keep using Chan_sip for a while.

You need not to wait for Asterisk's team patch. The software sources are available, so you can patch them by self ...

Just a quick update: After reporting the problem to the Asterisk team, the issue has been fixed in the latest release (13.4). The cseq had to be incremented.