Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cBarge in SPA525 Phone configured in UC5x0

I think that there is no availability for cBarge support in SPA50X  Phones configured for UC5x0 systems (SPCP Protocol). I found some posts indicating this point.

My question is if it can be configured for SPA525 Phone, because in page 10 of the below document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpipp/ip_phones/user/guide/spa525_sccp_UG_NC-WEB.pdf

In "Table 2 Cisco SPA 525G/525G2 Softkey Buttons"

I can see "cbarge -- Allows callers to join a shared-line call."

Does this mean that this feature is supported in SPA 525G?

Best Regards

6 Replies 6

Thanks .... Anyway I hope somebody can answer

I have found the below information

Unsupported Phones

cBarge and Privacy features cannot be configured for single-button phones and

phones that do not support shared octal-line directory numbers (DNs). Phones that

do not support shared octal-line DNs are listed below:

All Cisco SPA500 Series Phones (Models SPA501G, SPA525G, SPA525G2,

and SPA50x)

In Page 402 of

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version3_2/administration_guide/cca_sbcs_admin_guide.pdf

This to me looks like it is against the SPA525G Guide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the lesser phones are unapt for professional/advanced features, and should be avoided.

Hi Paolo,

Is supported Cbarge feature in SAP525, ¿yes or not?, I don't have any to test ....

I can only give you my advice as above.

No SPA phones == no nasty surprises.

I really appreciate your advice, but I need an answer to my question, one of my customers is asking if their SPA phones support cBarge.

I don't think it is acceptable to have two cisco document indicating opposite things.

One says that SPA525 support cBarge and the other don't.

Hello Alejandro,

One of the requirements for cBarge is having the line configured as "octo-line".  Since the SPA phones, including the 525 and 50x series only support "dual-line", cBarge is not supported.

Thank you,

Darren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: