cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
ADAM CRISP
Enthusiast

CCA 3.1 Unity/ME uplift to RTP-NTE for DTMF

Hi,

I've hit an issue where CCA3.1 is being used to manage a UC560 previously setup with the earlier release.

It looks like 3.1 now configures Unity to use RTP-NTE rather than SIP-NOTIFY. It changes this setting when a change is made to something like voicemail/email. What 3.1 doesn't appear to do, is update the dial-peers on the CME so we're left with broken DTMF....

Adam

5 REPLIES 5
greenturtlesteak
Participant

I ran into this same issue last week with our production UC540. Has anyone seen this issue when building a system from scratch with CCA 3.1?

Cole

lgaughan
Beginner

Starting with CCA 3.1, the preferred DTMF method is RFC 2833.  For systems starting from factory default, CUE will be reconfigured with rtp-nte and this will be reflected on any dial-peers targeting CUE.  Additionally, existing systems which update their SIP trunk will also be updated on both sides.

However, Adam, you are hitting a known defect with CCA 3.1 (CSCtr84220). When making any changes from the Voicemail UI, CCA will unfortunately reconfigure only the CUE DTMF without updating the dial-peers.  We plan to fix this in the very next release of CCA (existing configurations should be able to continue to use sip-notify).  But after hitting this issue, you will need to either update CUE dial-peers from CLI (dtmf-relay rtp-nte) or from CCA by resetting the voicemail and/or auto attendant numbers to get those dial-peers updated.

Laura

David Trad
Rising star

Hi Adam,

I never hit this issue, I just upgraded 3 systems that were built from scratch using CCA 3.0.l and CCA 3.1 honored the existing configuration:

ccn subsystem sip

gateway address "10.1.10.2"

dtmf-relay sip-notify

end subsystem

and

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

description ** cue voicemail pilot number **

translation-profile outgoing XFER_TO_VM_PROFILE

destination-pattern 399

b2bua

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.10.1

voice-class sip outbound-proxy ipv4:10.1.10.1 

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Is there anything in particular that needs to be done to hit this problem, so I know exactly how to avoid it??

If I read your post right, the issue is being hit "After The Fact" I.E if you make a change after the update to anything VM related, 3.1 just randomly updates the CCN configuration, but does not propagate this across to the CME??

I have had very little sleep latley so level of comprehension at the moment is degraded

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David - see Laura's post above:

However,  Adam, you are hitting a known defect with CCA 3.1 (CSCtr84220). When  making any changes from the Voicemail UI, CCA will unfortunately  reconfigure only the CUE DTMF without updating the dial-peers. 

so avoid using cca3.1 for configuring voicemail - kind of difficult - suggest manually fixing up rtp-nte

Adam

Thanks Adam...

Will keep myself vigilant for this issue

Thank you for raising this, would save many of us a lot of heart ache and headache.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *