Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA 3.1 Unity/ME uplift to RTP-NTE for DTMF

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I've hit an issue where CCA3.1 is being used to manage a UC560 previously setup with the earlier release.

It looks like 3.1 now configures Unity to use RTP-NTE rather than SIP-NOTIFY. It changes this setting when a change is made to something like voicemail/email. What 3.1 doesn't appear to do, is update the dial-peers on the CME so we're left with broken DTMF....

Adam

5 Replies 5

I ran into this same issue last week with our production UC540. Has anyone seen this issue when building a system from scratch with CCA 3.1?

Cole

lgaughan
Level 1
Level 1

Starting with CCA 3.1, the preferred DTMF method is RFC 2833.  For systems starting from factory default, CUE will be reconfigured with rtp-nte and this will be reflected on any dial-peers targeting CUE.  Additionally, existing systems which update their SIP trunk will also be updated on both sides.

However, Adam, you are hitting a known defect with CCA 3.1 (CSCtr84220). When making any changes from the Voicemail UI, CCA will unfortunately reconfigure only the CUE DTMF without updating the dial-peers.  We plan to fix this in the very next release of CCA (existing configurations should be able to continue to use sip-notify).  But after hitting this issue, you will need to either update CUE dial-peers from CLI (dtmf-relay rtp-nte) or from CCA by resetting the voicemail and/or auto attendant numbers to get those dial-peers updated.

Laura

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Adam,

I never hit this issue, I just upgraded 3 systems that were built from scratch using CCA 3.0.l and CCA 3.1 honored the existing configuration:

ccn subsystem sip

gateway address "10.1.10.2"

dtmf-relay sip-notify

end subsystem

and

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

description ** cue voicemail pilot number **

translation-profile outgoing XFER_TO_VM_PROFILE

destination-pattern 399

b2bua

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.10.1

voice-class sip outbound-proxy ipv4:10.1.10.1 

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Is there anything in particular that needs to be done to hit this problem, so I know exactly how to avoid it??

If I read your post right, the issue is being hit "After The Fact" I.E if you make a change after the update to anything VM related, 3.1 just randomly updates the CCN configuration, but does not propagate this across to the CME??

I have had very little sleep latley so level of comprehension at the moment is degraded

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David - see Laura's post above:

However,  Adam, you are hitting a known defect with CCA 3.1 (CSCtr84220). When  making any changes from the Voicemail UI, CCA will unfortunately  reconfigure only the CUE DTMF without updating the dial-peers. 

so avoid using cca3.1 for configuring voicemail - kind of difficult - suggest manually fixing up rtp-nte

Adam

Thanks Adam...

Will keep myself vigilant for this issue

Thank you for raising this, would save many of us a lot of heart ache and headache.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *