cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA, autoattendant and direct dials

abillington
Level 1
Level 1

Using CCA to access the autoattendant config is taking a very long time ..  I just killed it after a 57 minute "Reading from device", and that's about the fifth time it's taken over 40mins. Any suggestions?

My main query though is to do with direct dial numbers and the AA. We have a direct dial range of 30 numbers, three of which, including the root of the range, need to go to three different autoattendants. However, all external calls are being answered by the autoattendant that is attached to the first direct dial number. Is that something I've got wrong in incoming dial plan (probably!), or is there an issue with using AA and direct dial ranges?

Thanks,

Andy

7 Replies 7

bmccoy
Level 1
Level 1

Andy,

Reading AA from CCA should not take that long.  I would try a reboot of your PC running CCA, or maybe a reboot of the UC5xx.  Of course, make sure your PC can ping the usual: 10.1.1.1, 10.1.10.1, 192.168.10.1

Incoming Dial Plan is probably your issue.  I assume you have three Auto Attendants with three different AA numbers.  If that is so, when you go to Dial Plan, Incoming, Incoming FXO calls, you should be able to assign which of the three AA's you want to be associated with which FXO you want. 

Similarly for SIP trunks or ISDN you can go to the Direct Dial tab, and use the "Direct Dial to Auto Attendant, Groups, Operators" section.  There you can associate DID's to whatever of the three AA's you wish.

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks Brian,

CCA has started behaving better now, so I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

The dial plan looks right, in that I've got a PRI with 30 direct dials enabled, three of which go to the three different AA numbers under the "Direct Dial to Auto Attendant, Groups, Operators", and the rest are assigned to extensions. One thing that might be happening - and I can't test right now, as the PRI is in use by any existing phone system - is that the PSTN number for the Auto Attendants might not be translated properly. The carrier (BT) only provides a six digit DNIS, even though the full phone numbers for the AA's are eleven digits. Going to try mapping the AAs just to the six digits and see what happens, unless you have a better suggestion?

If the external number assigned to the AA conflicts with the incoming dial plan, which one wins?

Andy

still got same problem with direct dials. Anybody got any suggestions where I can look?

Summary of issue:

Three AAs, on 8200, 8222, 8228. Rest of extension range 8200-8229 should be direct dial.

Telco is sending six digit strings, so 808200, 808201 and so on.

All calls - regardless of number dialled - are going to the AA1 on 8200.

My incoming dial plan has 8200 going to AA1, 8222 to AA2, 8228 to AA3, and others to extensions, but calls are only going to the first AA on 8200.

Any ideas?

Hi Andy,

Can you please take a snapshot of your Inward Dial page in CCA please, I dare say it is a configuration issue.

If you click on Telephony>>>Dial Plan>>> Incoming and then click on the Direct Dialing tab

You should be in this section:

As you can see from the image, you can choose which AA you want a particular DID to point to, as long as this section is configured correctly, then your translation rules/profiles should be auto adjusted by CCA.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David,

I'm fairly sure I've missed something obvious, this has been such a rush job!

Andy

(updating my update)

Clearly 8213 is PRI1, and has a DDI mapped according to CCA of 808213. However, all calls go to 8200. If I put the complete PSTN number in the dialog, so 02084808213, the number becomes unobtainable (ie doesnt even reach 8200). We are getting 6 digit dialled number info, not the whole number, which I suspect may be part of the problem.

From the CLI, test voice translation-rule 18 808213 correctly maps to 8213. However 02084808213 gives 020848213, which doesn't map to 8213 obviously. A translation rule such as rule 99 /^.*\(....\) /\1/ produces the outcome I'm guessing I need. However I don'r really want to manually adjust all of the translation-rules, as I suspect I'm missing something.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or anyone using direct dial from BT successfully on a UC500 in the UK got any pointers? I can't recall having a similar problem on ISRs, just this UC (a UC540W with latest software pack and UK locale).

Thanks

Andy

finally found issue. Updating this in case anyone else has issues. Basically I wiped the E1 config completely and re-did it, using CCA and then manually verifying it. The direct dials worked first time, but the AA did not until I adjusted the extension to match the DDI (we're not getting full dialled number from carrier, only last 6 digits). Seems to have done trick.