cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cca cannot log on uc520

JOHN NIKOLATOS
Level 3
Level 3

Guys, I have a site where cca can not authenticate with a uc520. It states authentication failed and TELNET access was denied. Of course I can manually telnet into the device. Anyone see this before?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

10 Replies 10

jwaskewics
Level 1
Level 1

CCA is using port 80 or 443, telnet uses a different port.  Do a show run and see if the HTTP and/or HTTPS is turned on for CCA to use.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

Not sure what is causing this problem but in CCA remove it from the community and add it again, this way it discoverers it from scratch.

This may or may not work and is the first thing I do when this particular problem happens to me.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Check this picture out...

I have TELNET access - web access everything.. CCA is just confused.. I have removed from CCA and readded it.  I had CCA 3.0 and upgraded to 3.1 and the same thing happens...  This site has been installed and working for 3 years... and this is now happening...  I could always use CCA to check settings....

Ok, and when you telnet manually, Do you do it from the same PC? What IP address are you manually telnetting to?  I am trying to see if you are telnetting to IOS CUE CME, etc.  David may know bwtter, but if the CUE sessions are locked up you may not be able to use CCA to get into the UC.

Make sure you do not have any extra NIC's active or any FTP software running in the background.

John

John - I would consider myself an expert in UC500 and CME...  I have been doing this for many years...  This one is weird.  I can telnet into the same device in both CME and CUE side.... using the same credentials.  I am telling you... CCA is wacky!  CUE side is not locked.. I can successfully telnet into it once in CME and there are no active sessions blocking CCA.  This happens even after a restart of the UC520 box.  Interesting enough that I can telnet into it manually... but it does seem like something is blocking CCA.....  But this is not only on one machines..  This happens from any machine that I install CCA on and try..  I have it on a server and my laptop that I use at every site I go to.  Good thing I know CLI well.... because I dont need the wizard but I am trying my hardest to follow Cisco's lead.... by using the CCA...  but little things like this are really making it hard.. 

John Nikolatos

www.niktek.com

John,

What software load does it have on it?  You may want to match the vintage of CCA with the software load.

We use a 520 internally and have noticed some weirdness using older software loads and newer CCA's.

Ahhhhh John,

You and I have one thing in common it would seem We have an uncanny ability to find unusual problems and we find them regularly

I am curious though, when you remove it from the community and then restart CCA, then add it back in does it come up with a certificate request?? This certificate window is essential and at times it does not appear for unknown reasons.

Can you also tell me what options are chosen in the Advanced Tab?

Cheers,

David.

(PS) I understand the CLI option you are taking, but if I can help you out to avoid going down that path I would do what I can to see that come through.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi John,

Can you verify if the enable password is the same as the password for the admin username? 

I have seen this if I have changed the admin username/password in CLI and the enable password is not the same as the password for the admin username.

Thanks,

Brandon

Anyone find a solution to this issue ??

thanks to update us !!!

I changed the password in cca and deleted the cisco account and got the same error

telnet  to the uc520 and changed the enable secret to the same as the new password i set in cca and i was in hope that helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: