cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA Fax Support in UC520

eljakimit
Level 1
Level 1

Will it be anytime soon that incoming fax to e-mail support will be configurable from the CCA?

I am basically looking for a simple way to say that one phone number that can be used for incoming calls (ISDN) should automatically assume there is an incoming fax, and should just e-mail the fax as an attachment to a predetermined e-mail address. Nothing more fancy than that.

5 Replies 5

We cannot offer too many details, unfortunately, but I can tell you this feature is on the roadmap.

Thanks,

Marcos

Can you direct me to a document explanation that explains how to set this up on the UC520 in a way that preferably is compatible with the CCA when you come out with it?

It isn't CCA compatible, but it will show you how to do it.  The only difference with this example is that this is for FXO.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9718

If you changed this to an ISDN dial-peer, it should work.  One other thing to do is to have the dial-peers in the 5000 range, which is a range that CCA allows for out of band.  The problem you might run into is that the application commands, which are required for this to work, aren't compatible with CCA today.  It should work fine at a later date.

Hi Steven,

we're about 10 months later now. Any more news?

Eljakim

Steven is building NFL Stadiums for Cisco now :-)

I can say that this is inside CCA 3.0 which is currently in development.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: