cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA-UC560-call from UC560 phones to PBX phones the call is never established.

sat.datos.mdtel
Level 1
Level 1
I have a UC560 which is in a location (remote site) and I have a PBX in other location (headquarters)
The extension of UC560 phones are 3xx y the PBX extensions are 2xx.
I have a Gateway which is connected to UC560 via trunk SIP and this gateway is connected
to PBX via H.323
The UC560 was configured with CCA.
When I call from PBX phones to UC560 phones the PBX phones ring but when the call is
answered the call is finished.
When I call from UC560 phones to PBX phones the call is never established. The PBX phones
don´t ring.
Can you help me with the configuration?
9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For 1  make sure codec matches both sides.

For 2, check PBX configuration

You can take debud ccapi inout with term mon to gather more information.

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your answer and for your help.

Already I have obtained that the calls from the PBX to the UC560 work fine. In this case I only have the problem that when a user make a call from PBX to UC560 doesn´t hear the ringback tone but the call is stablished correctly. I don´t know if to hear the ringback tone I have to configure something in UC560 or in Gateway H.323-SIP.

My main problem is that when I make a call from the UC560 to PBX the call is down on the phone of the UC560 I get the message "unknown number".

I also did a "debug voip ccapi inout" and a "show call history voice brief". I think that the PBX close the connection but I am not sure.

Can you help me, please?

For ringback, try

tone ringback alert-no-PI
under incoming DP voip for PBX.

For failed calls, you can check debug cch323, which number is sent, and the PBX doesn't recognize.

Hi Paolo and Alexander,

First thanks for your help and I apologize for the delay in response because I could not answer before.

I made some changes and now the situation is as follows:

-When I call from PBX phones to UC560 phones the UC560 phones ring and sometimes when the call is answered there are RTP packets (the call is fine) but sometimes when the call is answered there is no voice (there are not RTP packets).

-When I call from UC560 phones to PBX phones the PBX phones ring but in this case there is never voice (there are not RTP packets)

I captured traffic with the Wireshark and I saw the following:

- When the call is fine from PBX Phones to UC560 Phones in the protocol H.245 is opened a logical channel between the PBX and the Gateway H.323-SIP after Terminal Capability Set (Master Slave Determination).

But when the call is not fine because there are not RTP packets I see in the protocol H.245 that no logical channel is opened after between the PBX and the Gateway H.323-SIP after Terminal Capability Set (Master Slave Determination).

Is there some parameter about protocol H.245 on Cisco gateway H.323-SIP which I can change?

If you want I can send the captured traffic.

Regards

Can you please update to latest software and try again-

Hi Paolo,

What device you tell me that I update to the lastest software, the GW H.323-SIP or the UC560?. I think that you mean the Gateway H.323-SIP

I also understand that you tell me that I update the IOS of the devices and not the release of UC560.

Regards and thanks for your help.

Update both to be on the safe side-

Hi Paolo,

I updated the UC560 and the Gateway H..323-SIP but unfortunately the above mentioned problem continues.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Hello,

You may also need to check the gateway which is actually in between. From the UC500 perspective you have SIP call. You may verify it with debug ccsip messages as a start to see if the SIP communication between the gateway and the UC is correct and check the SIP DP for PBX under the UC as Paolo suggested already.

Best regards,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: