cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Questions

Nico Yang
Level 1
Level 1

I want to call the number "10000",and want to find the call details in CDR.

Environment:
PSTN Connect: SPA8800 FXO
Outsid Dial Codes: "9"

Dial Plan:

A: PSTN Connections-Outbound Call Routing
   Called Number Pattern:91XXXX.
   Remove First Digits: 1.
   Prefix With Digits: "empty".
    Final Number:1XXXX.
   Number Type: National.

B:  Sites - CallSettings - PSTNAccess - Edit DialPlan Patterns:
   Pattern Identification
      Pattern:91XXXX
      Call Class Of Service: Service Calls
   Digit Manipulations
      Trim Leading Digits: 1 .
      Translation: 91XXXX>>>>>1XXXX
   Call Handling :
      Route Call / Translate Numver and Route Call.

Which should I select in there ? "RouteCall" Or "Translate Numver and Route Call"?
     1.When I choose "Route call", I can make the call to PSTN over SPA ,but In CDR CallDetails the Called Number was empty.
     2.When I choose "Translate Numver and Route Call", when I dial "91000", phone prompt reversal of "The number dialed is cannot connect,pl  check  it again or call AA for help" and In CDR CallDetails  the Called Number is "910000".

Why is happen ? How to solve ?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Outbound call transformation configuration is only the outbound PSTN connection page. The setting on Sites - Call Settings page is the one which is used to find outbound route for an incoming call into the system. Patterns with ROute call tag will just Route the call, whereas the ones with Translate and Route, will do translation of the pattern with configured rule, before doing a dial plan match and routing the call. If there is another Called Party Transformation configured on the outbound PSTN Connetion, that rule will be applied.

SPA dial plan is for FXS phones and is downloaded by SPA8800 when it initially boots up.

I assume from the post above that your call routing problem is fixed. Please let us know if this is not the case.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi Yang

can you please let us know which version of BE3K you are using, which country pack is installed on top of it and also post the Logs for further analysis?

Thanks

Chandra Mouli

+919986829435

Mail : ckanchar@cisco.com

System Software: 8.6.4.10000-15

Software Packages:

cm-conp-CP-8.6.4-SIPTrunkConnectionGeneric-1.cop

cm-locale-chinese_china_CP-8.6.4.9902-1054.cop

cm-locale-zh_CN-8.6.4.9903-267.cop

Yang

Can you please post the logs. When you select "Translate Number and Route Call" the call doesn't go and the call would go when you select  "RouteCall". Also when the call placed and its succesful, the call details will be available in CDR after the call ends. I would request you plesae post the logs, and recheck the CDR after the call ends, in few cases it may take little more time to reflect the details. just try again and post the Logs ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Chandra Mouli

ckanchar@cisco.com

Hi Chandra Kancharla

I call "10000" and "10086", 

in "Route Call" first ,and then call the same numbers in " Translate Number and Route Call "

See the system log and CDR in here:

http://sdrv.ms/UGHvvI

Thanks.

Update:

I try to do config as  below .the system can dial out ,and I can see the called number in CDR

Dial Plan:

A: PSTN Connections-Outbound Call Routing

Called Number Pattern:91XXXX.
    Remove First Digits: 1.
    Prefix With Digits: "empty".
     Final Number:1XXXX.
    Number Type: National.

B:  Sites - CallSettings - PSTNAccess - Edit DialPlan Patterns:

Pattern Identification
       Pattern:91XXXX
       Call Class Of Service: Service Calls
    Digit Manipulations
       Trim Leading Digits: 0 .
       Translation: 91XXXX>>>>>91XXXX
    Call Handling :
       Route Call

The called number is 9XXXX in CDR..

Who can tell me , how the system dial plan works? 

I find it has 4  Outbound Call  Transformation in the system:

A:connections-psdn

B:connections-sites-dial plan patterns

C:connections-sites-SPA DIAL PLAN

D:system settings-dial plan

Is BE3000 's   outbound rule as below:

When user made a call to PSTN(example:88888888):

1.First BE3000  check is any  rule match number 88888888 in "B", if match go to "2", if not match then drop the call.

2.BE3000  check is any rule match number 88888888 in "A", if match transform the number and go out wiht SPA Line,if not match then drop the call. Is it right ?

C is SPA FXS  Phones dial plan, is it right ?

Outbound call transformation configuration is only the outbound PSTN connection page. The setting on Sites - Call Settings page is the one which is used to find outbound route for an incoming call into the system. Patterns with ROute call tag will just Route the call, whereas the ones with Translate and Route, will do translation of the pattern with configured rule, before doing a dial plan match and routing the call. If there is another Called Party Transformation configured on the outbound PSTN Connetion, that rule will be applied.

SPA dial plan is for FXS phones and is downloaded by SPA8800 when it initially boots up.

I assume from the post above that your call routing problem is fixed. Please let us know if this is not the case.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: