cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Line Label

tachikoma805
Level 1
Level 1

We are using this unit with 4 PSTN trunks.

How/where do I change the default line name on the phone from fxo1, fxo2, etc... to something of my choosing?

I already named the lines/trunks in the "hardware" and "extrensions" portiosn of the UC320W admin.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Brian,

You can change the FXO label at Configuration Utility->Configuration->Line(FXO) Ports, click on edit icon.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I have already changed the labels in this location, the problem is that on the phones themselves, if I check status of an active call on one of our FXOs, it shows the line as fxo1, fxo2, etc...

Hi Brian,

Did you mean the caller ID of the incoming call shows fxo1, fxo2 on the phone LCD? If yes, please connect an analog phone directly (bypassing UC320W) to the phone line to see if the caller ID can be shown. If yes, please run impedance matching tool at the Line(FXO) Ports page, and also check if the Rx gain has been increased on the FXO port and try to lower the value to see if it resolves the issue.

Best regards,

Wendy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: