cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change the default voice vlan

pgirard77
Level 1
Level 1

We have a situation where voice vlan is vlan 2 at a client's site.  We want to insert a UC540 into the network and keep the same VLAN 2 for voice - from CCA 2.2.5 it doesn't appear to be an option.

please advise

Thanks

6 Replies 6

agreenou
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can.

I just tried this on a UC540 in CCA 2.2.6 and successfully change the Voice VLAN from 100 to 2. Although I was doing this in 2.2.6, this should work the same in 2.2.5. (Note: that this WILL cause disruption in your network, so do this during down time.) Make sure you're plugged directly into your UC540.

I'll post a Lab with screenshots on this later, but for now I'll give you the short of it:

1. Create a new VLAN, naming it something other than "Cisco-Voice"
  2. In Telephony-->Voice-->Network Tab, Define this new VLAN as your new Voice Vlan. (You'll receive some warnings)
  3. in Switching-->VLANs, Resolve VLAN conflicts by clicking on the red boxes highlighted, and selecting the following drop-downs:
    1. Configure your new VLAN as 'Cisco-Voice'
    2. Delete Previous Voice VLAN
    3. Now Click 'Resolve' at the bottom
    4. Apply, OK
  4. Configure your UC540's Smartports with their new Voice VLAN information. (Configure-->Switching-->Smartports)
    1. Select EACH port, then click 'Modify' to choose your newly created Voice VLAN from the drop-down
    2. Click 'Apply', 'OK'
  5. All phones connected to these Switchports will now reboot, and successfully register on their new Voice VLAN.

Note: If you have an ESW expansion switch installed, the new Voice VLAN information will be configured for you automatically, and all phones attached  will also reset, and re-register)

Your UC540 is now configured on your new Voice VLAN.

The problem is this will not change is the IP source address under telephony-service.

Adam,

In the example provided above, the ip source-address remains unchanged. (10.1.1.1 port 2000) I believe the aim was to change the default Voice VLAN ID, and not the ip scheme? I suppose this would make sense if Pat was conforming to an existing voice subnet. However, even If this was the case, the voice subnet and ip source-address can still be defined during the Telephony Setup Wizard.

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately, this is not a change you can make with CCA 2.2.5.  You would have to use custom CLI configuration to accomodate this.

Regards,

Adam Compton

I don't see this as an issue in 2.2.5, so go ahead and give it a shot?

If not, 2.2.6 is targeted to be released in a week or two as a maintenance release to 2.2.5.

(bug fixes, and apparently some additional features)

pgirard77
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions, will try the configuration after the wizard.

I just thought the CCA wouldn't pigeon hole me to DATA VLAN 1 , CISCO-VOICE VLAN 100.  Custom configuration should be whatever i want.  Hopefully this gets addressed in CCA 3.0, but will try with current release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: