Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change the "Cisco Unified CME" text on phones UC560 through CLI

I cannot for the life of me find where to change the message that is on every phone on a UC560 system using CLI.  I know how to change it using the CCA but we are using out of band configurations on our UC560 and cannot use the CCA to make the change.  The default text is "Cisco Unified CME".  I was testing the Cisco Small Business Manager program which changed it in the first place back to the default of "Cisco Unified CME".  Does anybody know where in the this is located using CLI?

IMAG0196.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If I remember correctly you can change this from CLI by doing the following:

conf t

telephony-service

system message ENTER MESSAGE HERE

This should change this for you I believe.

Thanks

James

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Office Manager BUG.

I reported it Monday when I saw it too.

Its called SYSTEM Message in the CCA Voice Window.

Change it back from there.

Each time OM connects it changes it again.  I am not sure why.  Can you open a case too....?

----

You can 'try' this.

Go ito the Program Files directory where OM is installed on your PC.  There is an EXE called OmCfg or something.   CLose OM and run that.  The pop up window that comes the first time you started OM will also have it.  Try to change it and let me know if that also works please

Yeah, I saw that too and was able to get it back to the correct message going through the setup process (OMCFG.EXE) again but they change the business hours almost daily and do it through the Office Manager and it is constantly changing it back.  I was just going to setup a batch file to go in and change it easily through CLI after they make changes but couldn't find it.  I will open a ticket also.

If I remember correctly you can change this from CLI by doing the following:

conf t

telephony-service

system message ENTER MESSAGE HERE

This should change this for you I believe.

Thanks

James

Well, there it is...I looked at this configuration a dozen times and didn't see it.  Thanks James.

But OM will change it again is the issue.....

OM is the issue that is causing it to change but I don't see Cisco fixing it immedietly so setting up a batch file to run to correct using CLI is my workaround until they come out with a new version or a fix.  Double clicking on a batch file that runs for one second is much faster than having to run the OMCFG file everytime.  I am going to open a ticket about the bug though.

This could be automated further by getting a server (or workstation) somewhere that has access to the UC500 and scheduling it to run your batch file regularly i.e. every hour or so. It is a shame you can't use the Kron job that is built within IOS but unfortunately updating this takes multiple commands so this will not work.

Thanks

James

Everyone,

OM version 1.2 fixed this.

The system message can now be set to what you like....perhaps "Happy UC500 Customer" and it wont change.

Steve