Views
Helpful
Replies

Change the ringtone on external calls

ggrimes01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Working with a SPA 525G. Looking to change the ringtone when any external call comes through the VOIP Phone. Can the SPA 525G do that?

For example: I call our office from my cell, it identifies it as an external number to the site, and a different ringtone plays. I know you can program the personal address book to play different ring tones, but it's impossible to account for every number that might call a moderately sized business centre. 

Really appreciate any help,

-Glen.

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Incomming INVITE need to contain header

Alert-Info:

The device will use this ring (if exist) then.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm not sure I fully understand. Is this a script additon in the XML provisioning template? If it is, do you have an example of what that would look like?

Thanks, and appreciate the help.

Best,

-Glen.

Definitelly no.

Well, if you are asking how to change default ring, then the configuration, either WWW or XML or other is the answer.

But if you are asking how the ring can be specified on call-by-call basis, then it can't be fixed by configuration.

PBX may specify required ring tone in INVITE packet sent to called phone. The ring is specified by SIP header Alert-Info added to such INVITE as I claimed above.

I can't tell you how to order your PBX to add such kind of header. Consult yours PBX documentation.

cthompson46219
Level 1
Level 1

I was looking to change the ringtone of any interal call coming to the voip phone.

Here is what I did to solve the issue.

Login to the phone via browser on your pc.  http://192.168.xxx.xxx

Click on personal directory. Add all of your phone extentions.

Example:

1.  n=John Doe;p=100conXXX;r=12

2.  n=Jane Doe;p=101conXXX;r=12

100 is the ext# XXX you replace with your numbers. You can find this number in your call logs.

Now when I receive a call from an extention inside the office, it has a different ring then a customer calling.

Look at this example

n=Classic-1;w=3;c=1

n=external;w=3;c=2

n=international;w=3;c=3

n=national;w=3;c=4

n=local;w=2;c=1

n=queue;w=2;c=2

n=ivr;w=2;c=3

n=Simple-4;w=2;c=4

n=Simple-5;w=2;c=5

n=Office;w=4;c=1

n=Pulse;w=5;c=1

n=Du-dut;w=6;c=1

Thank you very much!, 

What worked for me was n=Jane Doe;p=ExtensionNumber;r=12

Kind regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: