cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change to alternate audio prompt in Auto Attendant

TWalsh
Level 1
Level 1

The customer's office administrator is looking for any easy procedure to enable an alternate auto attendant audio prompt. I see that she can change the Auto Attendant business hours using Office Mananger, which partially solves the problem.  But it doesn't appear that she can change the audio files using Office Manager.

Scenario:

Equipment:  UC540

Software Package:  8.0.4

Audio Prompt 1 Standard Business hours audio prompt

Audio Prompt 2 Standard After-hours audio prompt

Audio Prompt 3 (desired) "I'm sorry, we are closed this afternoon for training" or something similar

Audio Prompt 4 (desired) "I'm sorry, but the office will be closed today due to severe weather" or something similar

Office Manager will allow her to change business hours, which will enable the appropriate prompt actions.  Changing the audio file in use is the issue.

Desired behavior:

1.  Be able to, during the business day, after changing the business hours to reflect closing early, change the audio prompt to prompt 3, without having to record over the after-hours audio prompt.  It would be desireable to be able to do this without having to use CUE.

2.  Be able to, after the decision is made to not open the office, fom home, change the audio prompt to prompt 4, without having to record over the after-hours audio prompt.  Again, it would be desireable to be able to do this without having to use CUE.

I cannot find any documentation (or in any of the discussions here or over at UC500.com) that would explain how many different audio prompts are allowed on the system, whetherr these can be changed on the fly by users outside of CCA or CUE, and if they can, what the process would be.  Can this be done using the prompt management extension (it appears that all you can do is record or delete prompts)?

So, bottom line information I am searching for:  Is there a process, outside of CCA and CUE, and without recording over existing audio files, to allow an admin user to change the audio files in use on the auto attendant (is this the proper place to submit this as a feature request in the next version of Office Manager)?

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure how familiar you are with using the CUE Editor to customize an auto attendant script. However, one option is to configure the script to check to see if the current date is a holiday. Holidays can be defined for particular days in CUE. I'm not sure if Office Manager allows this? One you define your holidays, have the script play a particular prompt on holidays. Now, a greeting specific to the given holiday can be recorded and you can also use this for training, inclement weather, etc. Just set the current day to a holiday and rerecord the holiday prompt using the prompt management extension. After the holiday, the script will automatically revert to the normal open/closed prompts.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: